What's new

Getaway Help Please

Mick1976

Site Supporter
My getaway is playing up. During a game I lock 3 balls into donut heaven and as multiball starts the balls don’t release.The table rattles as if it’s looking for the ball.I have tested the switches and the plunger all are working.Eventually after the table searches for the ball it releases one.I let it drop between the flippers to end the game and it releases the other 2 balls as normal. At first i thought it was a software issue so changed rom from L5 to l2 still same. If I lift the playfield so a ball goes back to the first switch and then back in to the lock it works as it should.What I have also noticed is when I pulled the playfield out I got a shock could it possibly be a bad ground I’m lost now.

Thanks in advance Mick

Last edited:
Put three balls into the lock area then enter test mode and go to active switch test. See if the 3 balls are being seen properly in the locks and if there are any switches closed that shouldn’t be. If not sure take a picture of the display showing the switch matrix and post it here for us to look at.

Thank so much for your help I’m at work on nights at the moment as soon as I get home I’ll do it. I did check the switches with my finger and all were registering on the test screen.

Test with balls. Fingers are smaller and can push the switches further than the balls do.

Reactions: DRD
Do you just need to adjust the actuator arm so that the switch closes under the ball? Just bend it up a little.

If the switch doesn’t work at all unless you move the playfield then you may have a loose switch wire somewhere. Switches are daisy chained from switch to switch, so a broken wire elsewhere can cause it not to work. The wire may be very close to where it should be so touching when the loom is disturbed.

Thanks very much for your help I’ll start checking the wires should I start at the switch or the board

Check the wiring to the switch first. Also check the small diode attached to it is properly attached. Then Look at the switch matrix in the manual. Locate the bad switch in the table. You then need to examine the wiring to all the switches on the same row and then the same column as the defective switch. A break at any of these may cause a problem. If ALL of the switches on either a row or a column do not work then you may have a problem at the circuit board but let’s deal with that later if necessary.

Hi I have checked the switch matrix .
The two switches that are not working are top lock no74 and right bank bottom no 44 I have checked the wires between them that seem to be ok so does the diode. Thanks in advance Mick

Ok. So the common bit is the second digit. That’s row 4. There’s not much else on this row. Mostly in the cabinet. But check all the other switches on the row. If the cabinet ones work then the good news is the circuit board is ok. If the ramp down switch works then there’s a break in the wiring somewhere around the playfield. If it doesn’t then the fault is between the pf and the cpu.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180208_fe5b4673845f2a715fb4128dded2962f.jpg

The common wire is white/yellow. Make sure you tug it at the joints as a snapped wire can be broken but appear intact as it’s held on by the pvc casing.

Off to work now I will check all the wires in the row under the playfield tomorrow I did test the switches in single switch test and they were working.Other than the ones stated so I assumed they couldn’t have a wire off or they wouldn’t work thanks
Ever so much Mick

But the wire arrives at a working switch and then leaves to the next switch. So a broken wire at a working switch can affect the switches downstream.

Found it wahoo after checking all the wires under the playfield it was a wire to the shifter that had come off. I can’t thank you enough for yer help and support your a star.

The wire had come out of the plastic block connector the playfield right hand leg had been hitting the wire when lowering the playfield again thanks for all the help .

Holy crap still not fixed a white and yellow wire has come off the switch and the green one also has come off and I don’t know where they go to solder them back on now going bald as I type this :mad::mad::mad:

When it rains it pours got the wires back on all working now changed the batteries on the board and it’s no longer saving settings the batteries are brand new and working

All done now left it turned on for 20 mins turned off then back on all settings were saved thanks very much for all your help

Back
Top Bottom