What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getaway Fuse F13 blows

Steve Arnold

Registered
Hi all, I’m just about to start fixing up a pin I got a gear ago. It’s a getaway. On power up it blew the mains fuse. Changed the imf filter and varister. Main cpu bad acid damage so will replace.
Now on power up with cpu disconnected fuse F13 blows instantly.

Any idea what where I can start looking? Could it be the br2 or voltage regulator? Anywhere else to check?

Thanks
Steve

thanks for the reply. The plug is fine and the game is set to uk as it was from a uk op that used to operate it.
Any other ideas?

thanks
Steve

F13 ? Sure that is the right number ?

If its F113 then BR2 will need replacing, but its worth doing both BR1 and BR2 at the same time in my opinion.
Also change C5 capacitor at the same time - but be careful with the track under the capacitor. Dont break any small tracks on the BR or Cap.

Ok I will take a look. It’s definatly F13 fuse as I have double checked it. The leds on the big pcb power up quickly before the dose blows. I did see on the web that it could also be the 5v regulator. I have never seen one go bad. shall I start with the bridge rectifier and cap first then?
Thanks

I will triple check the fuse number tomorrow, if I have the parts do the bridge and cap and reply on the thread.

thanks

There is no F13 so most likely 113 as others have said. I wouldn’t bother with the capacitor unless you have strong soldering skills or the capacitor is physically damaged. Most likely is a short bridge rectifier. Even this is not a simple replacement job and requires good soldering. Replace both BrS under the heatsink at the same time and mount the new assembled pair as far from the board as possible. This will enable you to get a soldering Iron under the bridges to solder and check the component side joints

Or send it to someone to do.

Thanks. It is in fact f113. I have fitted c5 and new bridge rectifiers. It now starts up. Cpu has battery damage so replaced with known worker. Also replaces sound board and Dmd controller. Dmd works in another pin. At the moment game seems to boot and sort of play but no dmd. I will check fuses and voltages again.

thanks

Ok I’m getting no 12v and only 1.9v on the 5v at the display.
I checked the driver board in another machine and it worked. We’re do I go from here please?
Thanks

It’s boots up and plays with a few minimal faults which I will go through.

thanks for the help guys.
Steve

Back
Top Bottom