What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Playfield Wear

Carl Spiby

Registered
What sort of wear is 'acceptable'?

I know you're bound to get some light scratching visible when you have light directly on the playfield, but I'm curious as to how other people get on, especially with their NIB machines.

my stern metallica looks like an orange peel in the light......some .roller overs down to the wood and the kick out going,,its pretty bad for a new machine

keeping your balls clean helps obviously,and no doubt some collectors don't play their mint machines for fear of damaging the playfield or plastics,personally I just like to play the bloody things,and some of the enjoyment from this hobby comes from sourcing parts/fixing things up

For sure playfields of recent years don't seem to be holding up as well as games like LOTR, TSPP etc etc. Not selective memory as my XMEN LE the clear came away after 100 plays. My TSPP is still mint now.

Need to wax more often and not use Novus 2 on Sterns.

My stern playfields are dimpled as well.

One thing that really impressed me about Heighway Pinball Full Throttle prototypes at EAG last month was how smooth the surfaces were. I have a feeling they use an extra coat or two of clear gloss on their machines. They looked a lot more hard wearing than stern playfields.

Back
Top Bottom