What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General maintenance

Mattyg48

Registered
Alias
Matt
I've recently purchased my first pinball machine (FT) so I'm very new to all this. I was wondering if there is anything I should be looking for or changing on my table that will benefit it in the long run??

I've recently purchased my first pinball machine (FT) so I'm very new to all this. I was wondering if there is anything I should be looking for or changing on my table that will benefit it in the long run??
First thing I recommend you check are the fuses. Learn from me, my fliptronics board burned up because the fuse rating was too high. I then went back and checked every fuse in my other games and found several more!

There plenty of threads already on cleaning and wax recommendations etc too. I’m pretty sure I show some of the products I use in some of vids though if you are interested in watching 👍

Hi dave. Great video I will check the fuses asap
I've ordered a set of new rubbers and some novus cleaner i am going to attack the dirt the weekend

First thing I recommend you check are the fuses. Learn from me, my fliptronics board burned up because the fuse rating was too high. I then went back and checked every fuse in my other games and found several more!

There plenty of threads already on cleaning and wax recommendations etc too. I’m pretty sure I show some of the products I use in some of vids though if you are interested in watching 👍
Which company did you purchase the rubbers/ plastics etc from??

Last edited:
Which company did you purchase the rubbers/ plastics etc from??
Rubbers either from Pinball Heaven or Silicone bands from Pinball Bazaar.
I didn’t replace all the plastics, only the long thin one on right side of the boat which was a reproduction from Pinballshop.nl I believe. I sourced decent original sling plastics off eBay.

Thought I'd post some FT specific things to look out for (from my own experiences)

On plunge, the ball should loop around the top onto the left flipper, and not go into the pop bumpers. If it isn't, check if the gate is failing to open, or the tip of the plunger not hitting the ball in the centre, and making it appear weaker.
The rubber belt ring on the reel that helps turn it around can get loose, and stops the reel from rotating the correct amount. Just get a new belt ring (part 03-8614) if this isn't working right.
Ball getting stuck on the right loop switch (the one that activates the gate to open), this normally happens if the table isn't steep enough.
Ball gets kicked out from the catapult at the wrong times, this one is usually the catapult switch having issues, I think part 5647-12133-12 can be used as a replacement if it cannot be fixed.
Drop target in front of the lock shot is raised when it shouldn't be. The problem with this is usually the drop target reset arm (part 01-8647-r) being misaligned or broken.

Of course, having nice new rubbers and balls would make the game play lots better.

Back
Top Bottom