What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gate Switch Test

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Hi all, am I right in assuming if I Bridge the two wires with another wire on this switch it will act as if the switch is closed - therefore confirming that the switch is crackered or it’s something else upstream

A gate switch has gone (not this one however but was easier to photo) and I’m going to shop this shortly so want to order all the right parts or start a deeper dive into why it’s gone...

Cheers,
James

5A7D7A67-A1BD-4ABF-9EBB-5F0988E69162.jpeg

Thanks @Moonraker - so tried this with a bit of wire and nothing, which got me worried...

Lifted the play field and removed the connectors that allow the ramp to detach, then re-attached that. Then got the manual and started down the row in question in case anything else was out, all working fine and got to the switch in question and "bing" - perfect. Used wire again and worked this method too. Must have been a connection under the playfield issue.

Cheers for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom