What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Gaming PC

Build progressing, stripped, cleaned and put back together.... waiting for parts now.....

Going to struggle with the original shifter as it has two micro switches for up and down position and 2 optos for let and right with middle position neutral... may need to rethink this... beyond me to turn this into 6 switched positions as will need opto reader and software to interpret...

When I get the emulation working may look at the fanatec gear, testing with G29 at the moment !

Cab002.jpgCab001.jpg

Attachments

• Cab002.jpg
    Cab002.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 3
WD40 the bolts a few hours in advance. Get some freezer bags to put all the nuts and bolts in for each section. You will need security bits and good allen key set, my Dewalt impact driver could not get some of them out, had to drill out and re-tap. Get some de-solvit sticky stuff remover. Replace all bolts with new ones get stainless M5 and M6 from screwfix (16mm) (unless you want security ones back on). Seat is akward to get back together. It was pretty dirty so well worth cleaning othersise you will get covered in sh*t every time you work on it. Good luck with yours !

Thank you! I'll give it a good bash, need to strip to repaint in Mario colours and to be able to fit it in my house :rofl:
The one that's coming tomorrow is complete with monitor pedals wheel etc, I'll be stripping it all out, I belive the monitor is faulty anyway

Good luck, happy to help so if you have any questions please ask. The manual is available online.

The speaker 'vents' at the front come off if you want to paint them. I am going to have a go at vinyl wrapping the side on mine, nervous about painting them.

Attachments

• 1597352160817.png
    1597352160817.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 1597352202395.png
    1597352202395.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 15
Thank you! I have a sprayer that does alot of work for me so it will be going off to him,
I'm trying to find Mario kart Decals too, but it's a near I possible task

Screen added and max tune arrived :thumbs:

Attachments

• IMG_20200815_185937.jpg
    IMG_20200815_185937.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200815_184458.jpg
    IMG_20200815_184458.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 28
PC Experts...

Can anyone see why this wouldn't work?

I now have decided I would like to keep my PC in an office, but want to use the PC in a bedroom and down in the new extension where the gaming chair currently is (plasterer is due here soon, YAY!)

If I put the PC in the office, each room in the house is hardwired with ethernet cables, so
If I use one of these in each of the rooms I want to use the PC in - without physically moving it :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portta-Ext...ernet+over+hdmi+4k+60hz&qid=1597536192&sr=8-6

Then plug my wireless keyboard/mouse receiver into the USB port part of the adaptor, and the HDMI lead straight into tv/monitor.

I effectively have a "remote" pc?

Last edited:
PC Experts...

Can anyone see why this wouldn't work?

I now have decided I would like to keep my PC in an office, but want to use the PC in a bedroom and down in the new extension where the gaming chair currently is (plasterer is due here soon, YAY!)

If I put the PC in the office, each room in the house is hardwired with ethernet cables, so
If I use one of these in each of the rooms I want to use the PC in - without physically moving it :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portta-Ext...ernet+over+hdmi+4k+60hz&qid=1597536192&sr=8-6

Then plug my wireless keyboard/mouse receiver into the USB port part of the adaptor, and the HDMI lead straight into tv/monitor.

I effectively have a "remote" pc?

Just buy Ethernet Powerline plugs.

That doesn't solve my problem?
There's no need for powerline plugs when the house is already hardwired.

Ahh yeah, I misread that.

It sounds like it would work in theory. But it’s another example of feature creep and suddenly the spend jumps up by hundreds. Personally I would first of all try experimenting to see what the range is on your wireless keyboard and mouse. If it reaches you might be able to use Chromecast or similar to send the picture, which would be waaay cheaper.

Just buy Ethernet Powerline plugs.
It's more of a future proof for ease than anything to do with the racing project.

Wireless mouse won't work is 25m away ive already tried that option,
Build progressing, stripped, cleaned and put back together.... waiting for parts now.....

Going to struggle with the original shifter as it has two micro switches for up and down position and 2 optos for let and right with middle position neutral... may need to rethink this... beyond me to turn this into 6 switched positions as will need opto reader and software to interpret...

When I get the emulation working may look at the fanatec gear, testing with G29 at the moment !

View attachment 116531View attachment 116532
Hi John,

How the bloody hell do I remove the tray that the seat sits on from the main cab?
ive removed the bolts and the back, the ones at the side, removed the transformer thing, its still stuck solid to the cab

Also, do you need any spares? stripped all this out today
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQ4oT6V

It's more of a future proof for ease than anything to do with the racing project.

Wireless mouse won't work is 25m away ive already tried that option,

Hi John,

How the bloody hell do I remove the tray that the seat sits on from the main cab?
ive removed the bolts and the back, the ones at the side, removed the transformer thing, its still stuck solid to the cab

Also, do you need any spares? stripped all this out today
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQ4oT6V

Hi, that almost had mw stumped when I did mine.... theres four bolts underneath (near the castors) that screw up into the base. You can get to these whilst the cab is upright. The castors stay on the base. Good luck

The wooden box for the speaker is worth keeping, sounds great with a decent bass speaker in. I have bought 3 mini amps to drive each of the speaker sets.

Not sure if you are going for a CRT or LCD replacement, here's my LCD mounting job that I have finished today. Found a screen fits perfect horizontally, adding a perpsex screen to which I will add borders.

monitor1.jpgmonitor2.jpg

Looking good john some nice progress!

I will be going flat screen too, what monitor is it?

Added full sonos 5.1 set up, playbar, x1 ones, and the sub. Had it knocking around in my lockup shame for it to go to waste, I love this set up and have a full set up in each bedroom and living room already, so it makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_20200817_200132.jpg
    IMG_20200817_200132.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom