What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones live 8pm EST

Cheers Carl, should be interesting. Not live yet, I usually get an email every night when deadflip goes live.

Looks ok, nice flow. Very poor attempt at a video mode ( in my opinion ). The deadflip guys use an overhead camera, a dmd camera and one looking straight at the player so you never get a close look at the playfield, I'm sure the dragon is a lot more impressive than it looks in a zoomed out overhead view. Lighting looks nice.

Looks 'alright' in my eyes. Really would have benefitted from and LCD for the tv clips - looks muddy on the DMD (could just be the stream on camera). Lightshow looks very nice. Gam play looks a bit repetitive? Not much going on on the pf other than shooting lit shots (i.e. not many 'toys' per se). Could be fun though doesn't blow me away or give me the 'I want that!' feeling. Doesn't help that Jody at Stern is b****y annoying chattering throughout.

Just going to say the same thing, what an annoying cnut.

I can't believe they spelt skill shot wrong on the dmd..
Really? How have they spelt it??

I'm on wet bit of string internet today, so can't watch it properly.

Is Steve Richie dyslexic? i'm also thinking of Spiderman's 'you ooze you loose'...

Last edited:
A closer view of the playfield would be nice.

The screen layout used above is good for competitions etc but not really that good for a demo of a new machine, maybe a full playfield shot and a sweeping follow camera view of the action (where the ball is) Dont really need half the screen taken up with the player/comentators

Even the screen of the palyfield rotated 90 degrees to fill the screen more would be better for viewing, be like standing at the side of the machine while someone plays

Looks OK but not that excited about it. Agree, the video mode is shocking. Stern really need to move on and bin the DMD for something (at least) more like the screen on The Big Lebowski.

This message on the EPC facebook page:
Bad news everyone! Our Game of Thrones livestream Will not be available this evening due to some technical errors! Gary Stern himself will fly in tomorrow to get the problem solved! We're very sorry but THE game will be playable tomorrow! smile emoticon

The artwork looks fine in person, right hand backbox is poor but playfield and rest of cab ok

Dots are pretty poor in places sadly

Gameplay is awesome and Stern are gonna sell plenty of these, pro doesn't seem stripped down at all, looking forward to LE/Prem gameplay. Code is very good as it stands (version 1.0), the lighting can be a little bright at times (for reference think star exploding bright), so much so that Stan said "it makes StarTrek look a bit dim, I never thought I'd say that"

Hi Nick

Great to hear that the game play is awesome

Does it have call outs from the show or just the custom ones?

What's up with the dots? Is it just that it's screen grabs like on Spiderman / IJ?

Back
Top Bottom