What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funland, Central London

Oscarito30

Registered
Hi all. I'm Oscar, I work at the Funland arcade in brunswick centre near Russell Square. I've seen some posts already about us here which is great.

I'm new to pinball in general but since working here have really grown to it, more the art of it than being a great pinball player... if that makes any sense lol

I would really love to push our pinball alley and promote it... any ideas would be great. The reddit pinball led me here and I'm glad for it.

Will always be happy to gift credits to anyone who introduces themselves and help bring their friends along.

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20230604_125155.jpg
    20230604_125155.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20230604_125203.jpg
    20230604_125203.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 20230604_125229.jpg
    20230604_125229.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230604_125919.jpg
    20230604_125919.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 84
Welcome, Oscar. I think I saw you on FF last time I was in. For me I travel regularly for business and the train gets in at King's X so Funland is really convenient. Its always sn extra meeting in my schedule. Last week I brought an American business colleague there and he was really impressed with the machines. There is nowhere like it in downtown New York where he lives.

I will say hello next time I am in.

Paul

Hi Oscar, welcome to the forum. LOVE Funland, always visit for a few hours when my partner and I are in London to see a show or visit a friend. Love the live leaderboards and all being insider connected. Will come down again soon to play the new Foo Fighters :)

Hi Oscar! Big fan of the line-up, and pop in whenever I can. I will look out for you and say hello.

Vin

P.S. Is anyone allowed to use the loos if playing an extended game?

Also, we have had competitions there in the past, would love another one soon!
And keep an eye on the contacts at https://www.pinballleague.uk/ as it could be an option to have a league meet at Funland in the new season perhaps.

Welcome Oscar, I’m sure I have spoken with you and even helped you on the odd occasion i.e helping to level James Bond?

I love the leaderboards and the fact that all the games there are Insider Connected. I’ve been a bit busy lately, but hoping to make another visit very soon.

Last time I was there I spoke to your boss John who said he was thinking about putting a JB 60th anniversary there? Is he still planning on doing that as that would be incredible to have on location.

Keep up the great work at Funland,
Cheers Chris (Choppa)

Hi Oscar! Big fan of the line-up, and pop in whenever I can. I will look out for you and say hello.

Vin

P.S. Is anyone allowed to use the loos if playing an extended game?

Also, we have had competitions there in the past, would love another one soon!
And keep an eye on the contacts at https://www.pinballleague.uk/ as it could be an option to have a league meet at Funland in the new season perhaps.
I'm sure we can sort something

Yes indeed. Let me know what day and time and I will organise an office trip.
The line up is very good. Though, yesterday I got stuck on Godzilla and Foo Fighters, with a side helping of Stranger Things.

Yes indeed. Let me know what day and time and I will organise an office trip.
The line up is very good. Though, yesterday I got stuck on Godzilla and Foo Fighters, with a side helping of Stranger Things.
Fri 2-10 and Sat 12-8... sorry I was looking at wrong week woops. I live really near and pop in usually so let me know

Last edited:
@Calimori and others who are frequent visitors... do you know if there are issues with JP still (shots not registering eg raptor tower, left outlane switch) or if these have been addressed? The other machines I tried were playing nicely during my last visit after Foo fighters was released - but eagle eyed pinball players from this forum would be best placed to highlight any other issues that need to be fixed before next month's tournament (good to get these fixed anyway) :)

Could anyone with any issues to report from recent visits let me know so these can be fed back? Would be much appreciated!

@Calimori and others who are frequent visitors... do you know if there are issues with JP still (shots not registering eg raptor tower, left outlane switch) or if these have been addressed? The other machines I tried were playing nicely during my last visit after Foo fighters was released - but eagle eyed pinball players from this forum would be best placed to highlight any other issues that need to be fixed before next month's tournament (good to get these fixed anyway) :)

Could anyone with any issues to report from recent visits let me know so these can be fed back? Would be much appreciated!
Went on Tuesday last week - lovely line-up! Only major issue I recall was Rush’s left flipper sticking.

Made a visit here earlier on in the year for the first time, really enjoyed it, first time playing Beetles and got really into it and ended up posting a high score which I'm sure is long gone now 😂 Lovely to see an arcade with a big line up of pins as it isn't too common these days.

I spent 90 minutes in Funland today while waiting for my trike to be serviced. Was the second person in five minutes to take a selfie with James Bond 60th Anniversary edition.

As I now own JP2, I spent most of the time playing 60th Anniversary, The Beatles and Foo Fighters Pro. My goodness, 60th anniversary is the weirdest pin I've played outside of pins from the 1980s (and Orbitor 1). It has terrible art and bonkers design decisions, including the screen being on the playfield. There's even an option to have it play retro chimes (multiple different eras), but the modern music and callouts carry on regardless, which kinda defeats the object of having them.

The highest score is currently about 18,000 and I got 7,000 a couple of times, but aren't enough dials to display anything over 9,999, so it's unclear how it displays a high score (on the small LCD screen, I'd presume).

The gameplay feels like a GOAT pinball designer was lumbered with this clusterf**k of a project and somehow clawed a half-decent pin out of it. It is bonkers. Due to the tonnes of drop targets, it feels like shooting anything gives you points. The aim of the game seems to be to get multiball, which is hard. Every now and then, players are offered a mode consisting of shooting something, e.g. spinners, but it's dramatically less intuitive than on The Beatles. Nonetheless, I carried on playing it because it was batsh**t insane and definitely a love letter to 70s/80s pins - just a different one than TNA.

If I had a shedload of money, I'd buy one of these so pinball collector friends could come around and be like "what the unholy f**k is this?" A bit like owning Orbiter 1, but dramatically more fun.

007 anniversary edition.jpg

Spent an hour or so in Funland yesterday on a work trip to London

Really enjoyed FooFighters and Bond, I'd have a Foos if I had the space, just proper old school fun.
Bond was much better than I thought it'd be too

Had my first go on Stranger Things and TBH I don't get the love for it (but I'm strange and don't like Tron which everyone raves about, so maybe I just have strange tastes)

Enjoyed Godzilla too but the GI is out (looked like it was out on JP2 too) so they were obviously really dark.

The Guitar Hero machine being so close to the pins is a bit of a shame as you can't really hear them, but it's an arcade location, with pins (and customers!) so it's all good in my book!

Had my first go on Stranger Things and TBH I don't get the love for it (but I'm strange and don't like Tron which everyone raves about, so maybe I just have strange tastes)
It's basically AFM/MM, rethemed and with some extra code. Personally, I don't like it as much as the older pins - I find it a bit soulless - but I can definitely see why it has its fans.

It's basically AFM/MM, rethemed and with some extra code. Personally, I don't like it as much as the older pins - I find it a bit soulless - but I can definitely see why it has its fans.
I'd play MM or AFM all day long, ST though 2 games and I was done.
Theme does nothing for me, but I would need to know the rules to give it a fair shot I guess.
Different people, different tastes though.....

Anyone thinking of visiting Funland, it's worth checking Groupon before you go - they are currently running a special offer of 75 playcoins for £10 (or £9 if you use the code PROMO).

You can use them on any of the games, not just the pinball machines. I'm not quite sure how much 1 Funcoin is or how many Funcoins a pinball game is but hopefully this will help a few people here save some money!

Back
Top Bottom