What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funhouse - The Official Thread

strobey

Site Supporter
Alias
Tim
Couldn't find one so here we go.

Who's got one?? ✋

Had this pin for a year now and it's just starting to click.

It's gone from honeymoon period, to meh, to "i still love it cos it's a classic", to wow this is hard, to ok just ONE more game pure addiction.

It's in reasonable condition and I'm doing bits to it most weekends, but when i get some time to play it...

it's HARD.

The jackpot setup is brutal. Like TAF but twice as bad. I only ever seem to get one by accident tbh.

Outlanes a killers for no discernable reason.

If I break 10M I'm happy.

On launch I've gone thru several phases of going for trap door skill shots, to Rudy's hiding place (which multiplies each time) but the risk is too high for getting control afterwards. I'm finding myself soft plunging, going for ramps and getting midnight asap.

Frenzy seems to just be a suicide mission (purely physiological) a bit like Seance. Guaranteed to drain.

I've got the kickout sorted. Holding R flipper up is a safe catch 99% of the time.

I'm sure there's some good strat, so what's my level-up move now? Are jackpots definatley the goto? Owt to avoid?

Tim

20230402_122310_copy_1200x1600.jpg

Me….. over here……. I’ve got one.

Nice thread @strobey 😎

When I first got into the hobby in 2009 it was the machine which appealed to me the most. Can’t explain why, it just grabbed me. The Rudy head was and still is a great toy.
It was also always an expensive machine even back then a restored one was £4k.

I managed to get mine in 2015 after finding it hidden in TMNT eBay advert.
It was a project. Shop log here.

I still love to play it. Like you say the jackpot shot is a mother ****er. I am actually really pleased to hear yours is the same 🤣 as I was beginning to think mine was setup wrong. I did experiment with flipper alignment but any adjustment interferes with the orbit shot.

That juggle of relighting and then hitting the jackpot is a drug which keeps me coming back. I think my top score is 40 Million and probably had about 5 jackpots in that game. I enjoy frenzy, just trying to hit the left orbit each time and get it back in the pops.
It’s a bit of a wood chop to get back into multi ball each time though so normally if I have one good game it doesn’t get touched again for the rest of the night.

When i finally got TAF I realised it was effectively the same game as funhouse and the appeal for me was the jackpot so I sold TAF. I’d love to minty restore mine one day.

Edit: Sorry mate just seen you’re after scoring strategies!! Didn’t read it proper cos I was so excited to reply 🤣🤣🤣.

So I always go for multi ball. It’s defo worth getting 2 locks and then starting frenzy, then starting multi ball.

If you can get in the rhythm with quick Multi ball it can be quite valuable as Rudy is constantly lit for a million.

For some reason after I hit the crazy steps and the ball drops above the upper flipper, I can bang it into the trap door easily but catching it on the fly to hit the jackpot is totally different. I’ve had the game 8 years and still have no idea where the shot is on the upper flipper 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:
It's been on my hitlist for a long time, have always wanted one but am yet to make it happen. Saying that I haven't even seen one to play it in years either 😂

There was a fully restored FH with new PF on Facebook marketplace for months for £3500. I think most people assumed it was a scam but the seller sent me a ton of pics and pretty sure it was legit. Wish I'd bought it now!

Iv got one had it for 12 months with the new Rudies night mate game, won’t play it until iv got to grips with the original. Just bought a topper for it looks stunning.

Attachments

• C96D97C0-3BFE-4CAD-A22C-5903525CC5DB.jpeg
    C96D97C0-3BFE-4CAD-A22C-5903525CC5DB.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 74FBE6D3-3DE0-40CD-9DBE-CFFF401A1C1E.jpeg
    74FBE6D3-3DE0-40CD-9DBE-CFFF401A1C1E.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom