What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fundraising Guinness World Record Attempt

nice work Wayne, you could do with a glare guard though for complete blockage of that DMD reflection.

is an online thingy set up yet, where we can post encouragement and chit chat?

@cooldan
That's only the back-up machine, kindly loaned by @DRD.
My machine has invisiglass in so won't be a problem of glare.

@strobey will be taking care of the feed. I'm guessing it will be through his usual Twitch page, but we're having a few issues with the IT department at the hospital not allowing him to connect his laptop to the Hospital network (understandably). They're going to provide a 'clean' NHS PC for the duration, but it'll need all of Tim's software loading onto it beforehand. I hope we can get it fully sorted before the start of the event.
I'm guessing as the hours tick by I'll need as much external stimulation as possible to keep me going, so will be welcome of any encouragement people will be able to give.

As long as I can get the Liverpool match set up on a screen next to me for Saturday evening I'll be happy.

I've just received confirmation that Jersey Jack Pinball have put some promotional items in the mail to add to the prize pot. Thank you

The competition to win a share of these prizes will be closing at 00:01 on Saturday morning. This will give me time to collate the entries and share them with you.

I know that people have said that they donated for the charity and not necessarily to win the prizes, but you may as well enter if you've donated. It's free and you stand a good chance of winning some great prizes.

Simply PM me your best guess as to
1. Highest Score
2. Number of games played
3. Average score

We have a world record holder in our midst. He won't be reading this cos he'll be asleep for the next two days.
Well done Wayne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top stuff, well done that man. Only managed to catch a short spell (about 12 hours in I think), but was impressed to see him still thoroughly going for it, plus chatting away about his shots and stuff... and all without swearing ;)

Thanks Guys,
It was so much easier to do knowing that people were watching and offering their support via the Twitch feed. It made me know I wasn't alone. So a massive thanks must first of all go to @strobey for setting up the feed. The most people I know of online at any one time was 164. 164 people sat watching me play pinball !! There were over 2,500 unique visitors over the period and with the exception of 2 individuals every single comment was positive and encouraging.
I also want to thank all of the witnesses for giving up their time and offering their support.
Thanks also needs to go those companies who have donated gifts and vouchers towards the prize pot. With everything going on last night I forgot to take the final audit readings before packing up, so won't be able to confirm the winners until tomorrow, but it's looking good for Vin for the highscore guess of 399,999,999.
A thank you to @DRD for loaning his WPT for me to have as backup, I'll look through the audits and see how many games that got played, I think it may end up being more than I played in the 30hrs!

But the biggest thanks needs to go to everyone who donated, and shared the story via social media. For me this was never about breaking the Guinness World Record (although I did ) it was about raising awareness of Prostate Cancer and the need for regular checks and trying to lose the embarrassment associated with it. The funds raised, and I'm closing in on the 5k target, will make a difference in the hospital with specific equipment already earmarked for purchase by the urology department, the other half will be going to Prostate Cancer UK and will also be put to good use.
However I don't think you can put a price on the fact that if just 1 person reading this goes and sees their doctor and prostate cancer is caught early enough to be treated to save their life the whole event will have been worth it.

Plenty of people have asked how much longer could I have gone on. When I finished I felt absolutely fine. I even had to clear away all of the machines, with only help from Aid & Kirk, everyone else had disappeared! I slept well last night, but feel fine today with no lasting effects.
I truly believe that I could do 48hrs without too much additional effort. But rather than jump straight to 48hrs, I think a better idea would be if someone else who has a cause that they're passionate about was to attempt to break the record by 2hrs, then someone else does the same, etc. Each GWR attempt would gain significant publicity, rather than just smashing the record in a single attempt.

Maybe over to @Sgt GrizZ

Wayne

Is it worth speaking to stern. A world record using a 10 year old stern machine might make for some good pr for the company as it is associated with dodgy build.

You could cooperate with the story. Stern puts it out on its pr/ social media pages. Get a quote from Gary about it THAT includes your motivation, charity AND a link to a just giving page

Thanks Guys,
It was so much easier to do knowing that people were watching and offering their support via the Twitch feed. It made me know I wasn't alone. So a massive thanks must first of all go to @strobey for setting up the feed. The most people I know of online at any one time was 164. 164 people sat watching me play pinball !! There were over 2,500 unique visitors over the period and with the exception of 2 individuals every single comment was positive and encouraging.
I also want to thank all of the witnesses for giving up their time and offering their support.
Thanks also needs to go those companies who have donated gifts and vouchers towards the prize pot. With everything going on last night I forgot to take the final audit readings before packing up, so won't be able to confirm the winners until tomorrow, but it's looking good for Vin for the highscore guess of 399,999,999.
A thank you to @DRD for loaning his WPT for me to have as backup, I'll look through the audits and see how many games that got played, I think it may end up being more than I played in the 30hrs!

But the biggest thanks needs to go to everyone who donated, and shared the story via social media. For me this was never about breaking the Guinness World Record (although I did ) it was about raising awareness of Prostate Cancer and the need for regular checks and trying to lose the embarrassment associated with it. The funds raised, and I'm closing in on the 5k target, will make a difference in the hospital with specific equipment already earmarked for purchase by the urology department, the other half will be going to Prostate Cancer UK and will also be put to good use.
However I don't think you can put a price on the fact that if just 1 person reading this goes and sees their doctor and prostate cancer is caught early enough to be treated to save their life the whole event will have been worth it.

Plenty of people have asked how much longer could I have gone on. When I finished I felt absolutely fine. I even had to clear away all of the machines, with only help from Aid & Kirk, everyone else had disappeared! I slept well last night, but feel fine today with no lasting effects.
I truly believe that I could do 48hrs without too much additional effort. But rather than jump straight to 48hrs, I think a better idea would be if someone else who has a cause that they're passionate about was to attempt to break the record by 2hrs, then someone else does the same, etc. Each GWR attempt would gain significant publicity, rather than just smashing the record in a single attempt.

Maybe over to @Sgt GrizZ

Well done Wayne ! Awesome achievement :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well done Wayne - terrific effort all round - money raised, awareness gained and world record achieved! Good work fella. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I've pulled off the audits from the machine and the results are in.Comp Winners.PNG

For Vins prize I suggest you send him the shirt you wore when he was trying to pay into you taking it off!

Average score 29,456,800

Phil's Guess 28,000,000 - Difference 1,456,800
Dan's Guess 30,730,730 - Difference 1,273,930

If I recall my days at university (studying maths) 1,273,930 is lower than 1,456,800.

Now who's the twonk?:eek:
Me thinks its just Dans way of drawing attention to his being the closest guess :suspect::wave:

Back
Top Bottom