What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun house -Rudy's Jaw not working.

TeaPea

Site Supporter
Okay, my funhouse as been broken/dead for a while after another user on here kindly fixed my power driver board which was causing the problem,

Rudy's jaw is now dead, my assumption was it must be something on the power board as it was working fine before.

I have checked the manual which states rudy's jaw is powered from J126 & J117
So removed these again, checked that the wires are properly pushed into the connectors, which they are but still it's dead.

So I'm out of ideas, could anything else be causing this problem on the board or is it more likely to be a mechanical issue?

Any help appreciated!

rudys jaw is controled by 2 transistors on the driver board via a motor board under the playfield check all conectors and pin joints also make sure that the wire has not come the motor at the back and that the gears are all free does his jaw not move either way

Yes as Chris said, the motor board is under the playfield to the bottom left of Rudis head.

Hi, TeaPea,

Can you hear the motor operating? It's not that noisy, but should be audible in a quiet environment. If not, then as above check the motor control circuit board. If it is working, the plastic gear 'quadrant' which actually moves the jaw may be broken.

Thanks for the responses, checked under the play field, the gear and motor appear fine, motor isn't running,
Can't see any loose wires and the connections to the board under play field look good, taken them all off and checked them.

Could it be a bad transistor on the power board? I'm not sure how to test this, so maybe best to swap the board with another one from a different game and see if that resolves it?

tom just had a quick look at the manual and suspect if you have had the driver board out you have not re fit j117 bottom left of driver board this is the power feed for the jaw motor it may also have been conected j116 or 118

Okay, turns out I'm an idiot, my lack of experience showing here....
After a lot of faffing, it turned out to be a fuse (F116)... 12V secondary.
It seems J116, J117 & J118 all do the same thing and have a 5V and 12V and ground.. so tested the 12V fuses and sure enough F116 had blown.
but two of them seem to work the coin door one rudy's jaw motor I guess.

I just jumped to the wrong conclusion and didn't even think about checked the fuses! :eek:

Thanks for all the help guys!

Reactions: JT.
Back
Top Bottom