What's new

Sold FS or trade Austin Powers

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Austin Powers for sale. One careful owner and about 20 who have abused the crap out of it. If you're into mint machines and get offended about skills posts or the lack of leg protectors then you might as well stop reading now.

I've had it for just over a year, so it's time to either move it on or break it down and leave it in a corner for the next 12 months.

The Good:
1) It plays
2) All toys work
3) DMD good and strong no missing dots etc
4) If you squint you can pretend its a Premium Walking Dead as the left hand side of the game is the same (Hell if you own a TWD then grab it to keep as a spare in case your left ramp or crossbow ever breaks)
5) It's a relatively modern machine

The Bad:
1) It's not a mint collectors machine by any standard
2) There's playfield wear on the right hand side of the playfield. Not sure if this could be touched up. See pic of the circle insert. the rest of the playfield is fine
3) The switch on the right hand side ramp is currently being held on by gaffa tape. It actually only triggers a sound effect. I'm not too sure how you would reattach the switch as the plastic on the ramp has broken off - maybe rig something up?
4) There is the standard wear around the scoop - this is now covered by a cliffy
5) Dr Evil seems to be missing his right hand (I know Kevin was selling a replacement figure for £10 if it bothers you)
6) Fat Bastard has clearly sat on the toilet seat and it's in two pieces. This has previously been glued back together. I'm not certain if you can source these.

I'm probably underselling the pin but I don't want anyone thinking it's in fantastic condition.

Asking price £1400 to reflect the condition (Last couple I saw on here were asking around 2k). It does play and played well enough to be in the SE league last year.

Martin is allegedly coming in the near future. Buyers more than welcome to come and play it (+hang out and play other games)

Trades always welcome. I'm pretty much open to anything DMD with cash going either way

Photos below (I look forward to the normal witty comments about resolution, kangaroos etc)
IMG_1874.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG
IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1870.JPG
IMG_1871.JPG
IMG_1872.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG

I recently enjoyed borrowing Matt Vinces' Austin Powers for a couple of weeks before he sold it.

A great fun early DMD Stern that will sometimes have you in stitches with the humorous callouts. Great price too!

PS. the batteries may need replacing soon.... :-o

Oops:oops: Must have somehow overlooked changing them when I first bought it

Attachments

• IMG_1886.JPG
    IMG_1886.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1887.JPG
    IMG_1887.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1889.JPG
    IMG_1889.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 28
I always prefer to spend a little extra and get lithium ones.

Me too :thumbs: Got my TAF out of storage last weekend and assumed I'd removed the batteries before it went in.....I hadn't :eek: Thankfully they were Energiser Lithiums so no harm done and after tweaking a couple of connectors it's playing perfect :D

Back
Top Bottom