What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frooty Looty pusher problem

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
mates got a frooty looty 10p pusher thats dead. Was working ok then earlier today he switched it on and nothing. The plug top fuse has not blown (hes metered it). Is there another fuse near the power supply assy. The booklet is neither use nor ornament as my mum used to say.

Hmm! shame you are so far away! I have the other one Kash Kong and done a fair bit of work to it, if it's completely dead there might be a fuse at the back where the wire goes in and I think a switch? These have 2 power supplies one that runs the screen and the computer if it was that the lights would still come on, the other psu is for the hoppers.

Ronnie

Cheers
Just rang him and he recons he has power going to each psu. Not sure about this myself as that would mean both psu's were faulty. He's got no idea of the workings and tbh i'm close behind him.

Ken

Well it could be the psu that runs the game, it's common for it to fail, it's one of those small form factor computer power supplies not so easy to find. A standard one could be fitted for testing. The whole tray in the bottom can be removed and powered on the bench with a pc monitor to see what's happening

Ronnie
Got it to light up but slide is not moving back and forth and now has error code on screen.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0344.JPG
    IMG_0344.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 11
Looks like a problem with the computer! maybe the bios battery, bad ram. Worth re seating the ram module and there is what looks like a memory card with the game code on, worth re seating that also.

Ronnie
With the power off he removed and reseated the ram module and memory card and some ribbon cables. He removed the battery to test its votage with the power off. Now he just has lights, nothing else. The display screen is not lit. Is there a reset button anywhere thats tripped when he removed the battery.

Oh, should have said to remove battery while it was powered, now the bios will have gone to default removing the boot on power setting! He will need to get a keyboard plugged in then find the 2 pins on the computer mainboard ( i think he might need to remove the board on top of that) that need shorted to power on the pc, then go into bios setting>power management and set it to power on when main power is applied!

What sort of keyboard, a computer one?
Where does it plug in. One of the 2 usb ports or the vga one

Cheers

Yes a pc keyboard I think it has the old style connector, the round one, or maybe a usb one will work too

Back
Top Bottom