What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Free to a good home! Gottlieb Countdown.

Doug

Site Supporter
Yes, you did read that correctly.

I've been offered this machine for free. As I only work on EMs, it has little interest so I thought I'd offer it here, to help the owner dispose of it.
View attachment 247810He has supplied a couple of images as shown. I noticed that it has no flippers on it so it might be more a parts machine?

It's in Nottingham. If anyone is interested, please get in touch and I'll put you in touch with the owner.

And, if somebody here does end up with it, if they might want to give a donation to an animal sanctuary that I like to support, better still but it's not mandatory.

Thanks, Doug.

20230412_192916-1.jpg
20230412_192916-1.jpg
20230412_192935-1.jpg
20230412_192935-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20230412_192916-1.jpg
    20230412_192916-1.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 40
Hi Doug, I would happily take it and make a good generous donation. Lmk.
Thanks, Andy
Thanks, Andy.

Another chap contacted me seconds after posting the ad so he will have first dibs. I've asked that he posts here as to if he's having it or not. But if he falls through, I'll let you know as you are second.

Best, Doug.

Reactions: PUP
I've just been messaged by the vendor to say that a site member has been in touch and has arranged to pick it up tomorrow morning. If it falls through, I'll contact the other folk who expressed an interest.
Thanks for looking everyone👍

Doug.

Almost made a wanted post last night for a cheap Gottlieb of any description to add to the collection but I didn't 🤦‍♂️ praying this doesn't get parted out. I also have tonnes of Gottlieb mechs if the new owner needs anything

I have asked that the chap who is collecting it tomorrow, assuming he does go through with it, does post on here that he now is the new owner so everyone who was interested knows the score. 👍

It is doubtful 'next dibs' will happen. Who is going to travel to a free pinball and not take it? Looking at it - should be broken for spares.

I gave someone else on here a pinball that was beyond economical repair a couple of weeks ago. I can not see that getting repaired but I can see it help get other tables going - and maybe help other members on here long term.

Thank Crikey that some can see the sense in parting out dead machines

I don’t like it either, but if a dead machine can infuse life into say eight others it’s only the sensible of options

Ok back in my box 🔐

MM 🐰

Ok so a new generation of lost causes ? Round and round it goes

Can’t save them all, crikey Charlie it’s been tried before my friend your not unique…..no offence intended just an opinion Tiz all 😎

MM 🐰

Not a lost cause, not taking offence, but I do beg to differ...

From my signature, these games I've brought back to life:
Spirit,
Genesis,
Pink Panther
Dark Shadow
BlackBelt
Sinbad
Nitro Groundshaker #1
Space Shuttle (Zacc)
Rocky
Haunted House #1
- You'll probably remember this one from being parted out on the Yahoo Group in 2009, I went round and collected the leftovers from people in order to put it back together.
Space Ship
SG #1
Gold Wings
Golden Eye
ST:TNG #1
NF #1
JM
Fire Mountain
Hi Deal #1
WCS (Gott)
Robocop #2
NBA #1
HH #2
Robocop #1
ST:TNG #2
HS2 #1
The Amazing Spider-man
Hi Deal #2
BTTF
JY
Seawitch
FP #1
Space Hawks
FP#2

In the queue:
Space Invaders (in bits)
MGOW
Nitro Groundshaker #2
MH
Skylab
Spirit #2

Ok so a new generation of lost causes ? Round and round it goes

Can’t save them all, crikey Charlie it’s been tried before my friend your not unique…..no offence intended just an opinion Tiz all 😎

MM 🐰

I think you're stuck in the past, a time where spares were hard to get hold of. Now you can get nearly everything you need to bring a game back to life. If anyone was parting out games now i'd be surprised. You can save everything now, if you want to!

When I was a lad we got up half hour before we went to bed and had coal for breakfast before doing 25 hrs down pit

You know your right 👍

MM 🐰

When I was a lad we got up half hour before we went to bed and had coal for breakfast before doing 25 hrs down pit

You know your right 👍

MM 🐰
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

Back
Top Bottom