What's new

Gone to Ebay FREDDY!

deathrow

Registered
Gone to ebay

Ok,

This was Dans nightmare before being sold on.
Once working nicely but sadly after issues with the last owner I bought it as a non worker. Usually I can turn my hand to fixing these bad boys but I just don't seem to have any luck with Gotti sys3 and Ive decided to stay away from them and concentrate on Bally's, sega's and Williams that I know I can fix lol. (second Gotti sys3 Ive failed at)

The story? Well before me and after Dan it had a full led kit installed $$$. The top box leds were removed as I dont like them up there and replaced with incandescent. (some amber bulbs for flame area). The PF Leds are all still there. Loads of em.
Last owner fiddled with the Opto board and the game stopped.

The GI lights up but thats it. Two solid LEDS on the Main board and dmd driver.

I have since replaced:
Auxiliary power supply board
Had the DMD driver board HV section rebuilt. The pcb wasn't the best so has a few hacks but works fine on a friends machine and should continue to do so.
All connectors re-flowed
5v power supply replaced (sh)
all three bridge rectifiers (new).
Countless hrs or work and small parts inc coils, Diodes etc etc
New GAL chip
Filter cap replaced

Machine now stands me at around £800 - £850 as is. Gulp!

Known Issues:

The connector ribbon between the two sound boards has broken pins.
Speaker covers are missing on the back box.

Suspect:

Main CPU board is suspect. I have tested the other boards and can get them to boot (yes sound board boots). I cannot get the main to boot on its own. I have been offered a friends Main board to try and daren't plug it into this as I know the last owner fiddled with the opto board and I think thats what did the main board in.
The opto board is currently repaired but untested. (One of the large Resistor wires was snapped off and shorted.)

Value?? Well What Can I say... help?
Willing to down trade this. (bally's etc)
Willing to listen to site valuations and then I will pop a price up.
Willing to straight swap for a machine thats needing repair (not sys3 lol)

My fault account is what I have found and may differ from yours. I know I could get £650+ as is on ebay but I want to sell it fairly and honestly. Although Im not giving it away either ;)
This could part out for decent money.

So if you're a wizz with Gotti's (not hard to be better than me at this tbh) then maybe this is up your street?
Im not a pinball expert!

Ive no reason to believe there are any dmd faults or other serious issues.

Can personally deliver and swap over etc within reasonable distance (saves £85 alone)
Yes even comes with the gross toad lol

Pm me :thumbs:

i1263.photobucket.com_albums_ii631_deathrowr_DSCF2329_zpsb11f772f.jpg

i1263.photobucket.com_albums_ii631_deathrowr_DSCF2325_zps16104a44.jpg

i1263.photobucket.com_albums_ii631_deathrowr_DSCF2328_zps388fe703.jpg

i1263.photobucket.com_albums_ii631_deathrowr_DSCF2327_zps2e325348.jpg

i1263.photobucket.com_albums_ii631_deathrowr_DSCF2330_zps17718e7f.jpg

i1263.photobucket.com_albums_ii631_deathrowr_DSCF2331_zps3f69033c.jpg

i1263.photobucket.com_albums_ii631_deathrowr_DSCF2332_zps2e99f4ba.jpg

i1263.photobucket.com_albums_ii631_deathrowr_DSCF2333_zpsd6e3998f.jpg

Last edited:
What is all this toad business?

I want one of these but wouldnt have a clue where to start as have no Gott experience at all. :(

If you can get £650+ for it on ebay, as it is, then I'd get it on there right away.... :cool:

You have, of course, checked the fuses (and holders) next to the transformer in the bottom of the cabinet... :D

If you can get £650+ for it on ebay, as it is, then I'd get it on there right away.... :cool:

You have, of course, checked the fuses (and holders) next to the transformer in the bottom of the cabinet... :D

I could do the whole, "it may just be a fuse" or " a simple fix for someone who know" blah blah blah.
I would prefer to be honest about it though.
Or trade it against something.

Yes I have checked fuses lol

Last edited:
I meant to mean, "[it's a] Beautiful machine! if it were working... [I would buy it, but since I have no idea how to fix pinballs I'll have to leave it alone."

It wasn't me trying to be a git!

Really hope someone takes this - the thought of it being parted out makes me really sad. :-(

Has Andy N at pinball mania had a look at it?
I am asking as if I was to buy it I would be interested in knowing how much it is likely to cost to fix.

Also where are you based?

Deathrows profile has him listed as being in Cromer, which is in Norfolk I believe? So i'd presume that's also where the Pin is.

Has Andy N at pinball mania had a look at it?
I am asking as if I was to buy it I would be interested in knowing how much it is likely to cost to fix.

Also where are you based?
good thinking, he had it before me (he was fixing it up for Matt Vince who i bought it off, so he knows the game well). regarding location you can just click the place under the OP's name and a magic map appears. he's right at the edge of the country

If you suspect the opto board is bad, why not try your friends MPU but leave that disconnected?

Im really not a pin expert. I just like to fix things, Cars, motorbikes, boats etc etc
Love pinball machines and like to tinker/repair. Gotti's sys3 are still too advanced for me.

I have not had anyone who actually knows how to fix gotti's take a look.
Yes I'm between Norwich and Cromer.

I would hate to see it parted out too and thats why I am offering it at less than what it owes. I'm not all bad lol (at least not on a thursday)

The honest thing is that I have decided to stick with what I know. Ive only been doing this as a hobby for about a year now. Still Looooooooaaaaaaaaaads to learn.

I could be missing something simple and If I am I will hold my head in shame but that wont stop me from parting with it and sticking with my preferred machines from now on.
That said I do think that its a little more than than fuses and dirty connectors :thumbs:

Yes Dan did very well with the crisps and half eaten chocolate bars :rofl:

Last edited:
I would go the eBay route personally - No harm in describing it as a non working project that you have no idea how to fix - projects started at 99p tend to go for silly money on eBay and you can show it at least part working. If you weren't so far East, I'd have a go at it but I'm glad you're too far away as I don't have the time to fix it!!

Agreed, gone to ebay...

Would happily trade it against another machine and even deliver it within reason.

I live in the back end of nowhere really, Its a real pain when I want to buy something and you all seem to be west country lol

Last edited:
You're not alone - I live in the **** end of Linconshire so much like you i'm stuck right out on the east coast.

I really hope someone grabs it off you - personally i'd love to take it but I just don't have the space nor the money right now. It's a shame as i'm a huge NOES fan (even though a number of films in the series were utter turkeys).

I have listed it on Gumtree. A bit above what I want for it to allow for the usual haggling etc.
I have stipulated contact on there so that I can talk through the issues further with a buyer so they know what they are getting.

Would much prefer a trade for another pin though.

Grimsby couldn't be further away from me if it tried lol
Devon seems to be a popular Pinball area?

he wasn't invented he was forged in the mountains of gondor so powerful he was split up and shared between different parts of the uk most going to ooop north. As the legend goes "one number to ring him, one call to find him, one call to bring him"

That came back with me from Peru I think, alongside a litre of green liquid distilled from San Pedro cactus hidden in a coke bottle. Happy days

Back
Top Bottom