What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found 2 pins on Skeggy pier

Jon Fletcher

Registered
Found both on Skeggy pier. Sadly neither of them work properly and are both totally filthy!
When pier staff were advised they weren't working I did get my quid back but they weren't switched off. Saw more unsuspecting folk putting money in, only to be disappointed. I wonder how many people just walk off and don't even bother to complain? image.jpg

most operators have always been terrible at maintaining pins. I remember a flash Gordon at burnham on sea had a non working top flipper for 4 years. well the coin slot worked so who cares! this pier has on paper 6 grand worth of equipment unplayable and a bad advert for the game. although to be honest a lot of machines in general at seaside resorts ie videos and even fruits are in a bad state. always seem to keep the cranes and pushers tiptop though!

ACDC pro at Weston Super Mare has had the same fault for a year now. Been 3 times and each time it just says 'searching for pinballs' and on the rare times it started a game, sent out 2 balls. No wonder it can't take any money. Just rubbish.

And the SM on the pier is dark, sluggish and no fun either.

Those 2 games at Skegvegas have been there for years....and broken for years as well :( That TAF was absolutely knackered when I last saw it and that was 5+ years ago

The TAF has been on that pier since it was new. Condition wise it's not bad. The cab is good and the playfield had no planking and surprisingly little wear. It has got factory Mylar everywhere though. The swamp kicker doesn't work properly and the thing flips feature doesn't work. All the flippers are pretty much shagged too.
Those 2 games at Skegvegas have been there for years....and broken for years as well :( That TAF was absolutely knackered when I last saw it and that was 5+ years ago

ACDC pro at Weston Super Mare has had the same fault for a year now. Been 3 times and each time it just says 'searching for pinballs' and on the rare times it started a game, sent out 2 balls. No wonder it can't take any money. Just rubbish.

And the SM on the pier is dark, sluggish and no fun either.

Acdc worked ok last year

Yeah, those two were there when we were there last summer.

I seem to remember the Addams had a fair few issues but the POTC seemed to play ok.

There's another Addams in Fantasy Island along with a Jack Bot. Not sure if Fantasy Island is even still open or not; last I heard they'd gone into receivership.

There's an absolute lack of Pins in the Wild up in this part of the world. :-(

Few days in Blackpool with the family and found 4 pins on the South Pier.

A Popeye (Sarge will be pleased), a Flintstones, a Hook and a Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Flintstones played ok but Hook has a topey right flipper. Alas Popeye wouldn't take my money. There was a stray ribbon cable hanging out of the coin door so I'd guess they'd dislodged it from the PCB.

Still, nice to get a few games in.

Back
Top Bottom