What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Update October 2022

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update as to whats going on behind the scenes....

I am continuing to work on the next enhancement to the site.... and feel I can mention a little more about it now.....

It's a database of MOST machines produced, along with Dates and information about those machines etc.
What this also allows people to do is rate the pins they have played.... Let me expand...

1666440578468.png

1666440621653.png

This will allow several things...

1. Users to write a review of pins they have played and give others an overview of their thoughts.
2. Us to have our own "League Table" of most/least loved machines

Currently i'm around 130 machines in, with probably at least another few hundred to do... as you can imagine, it's a thankless task... but my aim is to get it all up and running by Christmas. It does open your eyes - Bally (in their various guises) produced SO many machines over their time!!

This will be released to all Registered members once completed, with a trial to Site supporters initially to check all is working as hoped :)

Donations

The donations system has been revamped now and was the biggest Pain/Embarrasement of the site. I have had to go back to the internal system which itself presents its own challenges, however it seems to be working ok and also allows those that have asked to be able to put recurring "subscriptions" in to renew on a 6 monthly/Yearly basis. More info about it here : https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...e-a-site-donation-and-support-the-site.53962/
Once 12 months is up and everyone is off of the old system and onto the new, I will retire the old one....

Other News

I am in the background looking at another major addition to the site, however more on that once the above are completed - one thing i have learnt - one step at a time :)

Many thanks for everyones continuing support and donations - this is what keeps the site going and hopefully makes it a place that everyone in the UK can use as a hub of UK pinball

More to come in December!

Paul

Could you please fix the oops we ran I to problems dialog? If you need to accept cookies just say so. It's fing annoying!
Deffo need to accept cookies.... that could explain... however i was thinking it's a problem along the line of Mod_Security issues... but as far as i can see thats not compiled as part of apache on the site.

It's down to the expiry of the token associated to your login... that much i am fairly sure... hence why refreshing or going to another page seems to temorailly sort the issue (it force refreshes the security token).. as for how to fix it... I'll ping the hosts and see if they have any suggestions...

Paul have you thought about opening up the machine data entry to registered users? Many hands make light work, and people could additionally supply their own machine photos that way.

Do any of the admins know how I get my ‘Site Supporter’ status back?

It has disappeared and I last donated in August.

Thanks!

Do any of the admins know how I get my ‘Site Supporter’ status back?

It has disappeared and I last donated in August.

Thanks!
Apologies @JAG555 - was away last week with little access to the interweb, and the day i get back ive come down with a particuarly bad case of Covid.... So am all over the place currently...

Done for you (and sorry again!)

Apologies @JAG555 - was away last week with little access to the interweb, and the day i get back ive come down with a particuarly bad case of Covid.... So am all over the place currently...

Done for you (and sorry again!)

Thanks Paul. No need to apologise and I hope you feel better soon.

Just to update on this - Due to a Bug in the current release of the forum software, this has been delayed... As soon as the bug is fixed i will resume and complete :)

Back
Top Bottom