What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Stalkers?!?!

Julian

Site Supporter
Very odd, possible lurkers trying to scam folks on this site....

I have a wanted advert on the forum for a Judge Dredd, in that post I am offered a JD but the seller is a new account, then a JD appears on eBay but photos show a switched off game along with another switched off game they are selling, I contact the user here and on eBay no response, then a day later the advert on eBay disappears...

As such I wonder if we have lurkers on this site ready to offer us games and even then post one for sale on eBay knowing someone is looking for a game.

Have others come across this? Or am I being paranoid since the ****B cluster ****...

Nothing wrong with being Paranoid at all - Always best to make "due Diligence" and do homework before parting with cold hard cash :D

I would have thought a scammer would at least respond to queries in order to keep the fish on the hook as it were.

Might just be unrelated new eBay/ forum users but, like Paul says, always best to err on the side of caution when cash is involved.

Wouldn't surprise me at all, even with a hobby as niche as pinball.

The for sale section of the UK Karting site has always been bombarded with scammers replying to sale threads asking all sorts of dodgy stuff and wanting to make payments via Western Union accounts and such. Was always fun trying to sell kit on there :mad:

Hello Julian,

I dont think your on about me, or at least i hope your not?
I definatly have my non working JD that we were disscussing, i've just been busy with my Space Shuttle, i'm hoping to show the site my Space shuttle in the next few days, just about finished it off last night, and a bit of a result, i've got the go ahead to bring it into the house for a party on saturday so happy days.

Tony

I'm gonna have to get a grip with this typing thing sorry my Space station!!!!!!!

That's made me laugh, that box does actually contains an eagle topper! Unfortunately a Repro, although it did take me about 6 months to track that down!! As there like rockin horse poo!!

Just finished my space station will post some pictures tomorrow let people have a look, what to do next?

Back
Top Bottom