What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For sale sub thread.

Cmor111

Registered
Don't know if it's possible but how about having a sub thread automatically produced in the for sale threads that would be used for the unrelated extra comments that always get added to the threads?

Keeping the original thread just for related questions/statements ect.

This is a great idea - it would stop me from unintentionally derailing for sale threads ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it's always good to read the comments and get involved but sometimes they really do go off topic which isn't always fare to the seller.

People could just not post random crap in other peoples For Sale threads and then this wouldn't be needed :thumbs:

That's gonna need a new year resolution that people won't keep.

There should be a whole range of for sale sub thread titles to ensure sellers and buyers don't have to put up with the crap:

Moderators please set these up:

Subthread 1 - I own one of these and it's awesome
Subthread 2 - I used to own that particular machine
Subthread 3 - seriously but... how much ???
Subthread 4 - I'd buy that one but I don't have the cash
Subthread 5 - I'd buy that machine but I don't have room
Subthread 4 - I sold that machine for only £300 in 1995
Subthread 5 - I swapped a machine like that for a bag of crisps in 1982

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not possible without £100's of development and core code hacks i'm afraid.

The only two ways i can see this working is...

1. we install and use specific selling software for the for sale category.
2. We enforce the rules and startbans for continual offenders.

Neither i am really fond of, for obvious reasons!

Fare enough, always worth asking.

I for one will try not to comment on sale threads that I'm not taking part in.

I may well re-look into using an add-on specifically for selling on here. Means that all ad's are nice and tidy, and makes sure required stuff such as pics and condition are present. Will see whats there :)

I may well re-look into using an add-on specifically for selling on here. Means that all ad's are nice and tidy, and makes sure required stuff such as pics and condition are present. Will see whats there :)

And while you're looking can you get the event forum pages working properly again...! The location maps still not working and if you view on tappatalk (or whatever it is on the mobile) it just shows the event title with no text description. o_O

@Moonraker - When did this stop working? or has it never worked?

Tapatalk is more of a convenience thing to be honest for those on mobiles or small devices - am happy to dig into it, however cant guarantee an early fix...

Another forum I'm on and not pinball related but the for sale posts no one can post on apart from the seller?

Had a check out of whats about out there.... There's one real option, however thats still in beta trials, and the author seems to keep disappearing... then reappearing, and then disappearing again. Will keep on looking...

Another forum I'm on and not pinball related but the for sale posts no one can post on apart from the seller?

Personal view is whilst that is ok, it would mean that the increase on PM's would be massive, and then also mean that rogue sellers may be able to get away with more. Will have a think on it..

Oops!! :(

Anyhow, hopefully now should be fixed :)

Yay :clap:

Personal view is whilst that is ok, it would mean that the increase on PM's would be massive, and then also mean that rogue sellers may be able to get away with more. Will have a think on it..

It ain't broke and works fine as is... sure there's sometimes extra unhelpful traffic on a for sale thread but that also applies to many other threads too (like this one! :rolleyes:)...

Reactions: JT.
I personally don't mind my for sale threads derailing and random crap posted. Gives it abit of character and bumps the thread. Light hearted humour keeps this forum unique and interesting
I do agree but it winds me up when say a pretty good pin comes up that would suit a noob at a fair price then some ahole slags the game off with their personal opinion which might put off the potential buyers. I think out of courtesy you shouldn't bad mouth a pin that is for sale...unless the seller is taking the p1ss with either the condition or price...

Back
Top Bottom