What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired FOR SALE - DE Star Wars

Expired Due to no activity
He has one picture with loads of junk around it clearly in a garage! And wait a minute..... No bids! Back off guys just trying to sell my dead dad's stuff FFS!!! If it doesn't sell I will take some better pics etc and try again how many of you are currently watching it just out of interest?

awww cmon Lawrence, nobody here is ragging on you, we welcome new members and would love for you to get a sale at a price you like, all we're saying is you will have a better chance if you do X and Y. so far everyone here is giving constructive criticism but you're taking it as a bunch of insults.

good luck with the sale, as i said before (in the post you clicked 'dislike' on) - i presume you joined up here for advice rather than just backslapping? sorry about your dad, but that's not really a fair ball to bowl at us. i could tell you my mum died 13 years ago, does that make me less of a ****? no, it doesn't

snowman parachutist.jpg

btw, i'm watching it ........ along with about 20-30 other pins on ebay. it's a sad habit i need to break some day

I know wot your saying! Rant over! I have spoken to so many people about this some say ££££'s others say £500 so I'm seeing wot happens, some sell on eBay for £2000 others don't sell for £1800 in the US they have gone for more so in all honesty who really knows?

I keep saying this to folk ....pinball machines on ebay that are started with relatively high opening bids or buy it nows generally do not sell for those asking prices ....99p start auctions are the way to go, the pinball market is buoyant, you WILL get what the machine is worth and prob more as soon as auction fever grips.

Good current example, a seller has now listed a Jackbot for the 3rd time, his opening bid is 1099 .....which he is sticking to ......I swear if that was low start auction almost certainly that would have been bid to 800 - 1K at least first time round, its a decent 90s DMD game, its Xmas ! Machine sold. Boom. Why keep listing at the same price that clearly nobody is gonna bite at ??

People like the reassurance of other people bidding also, they don't want to feel like the sucker who fell for the sellers asking price. Even though ultimately that might be what they will pay, bu they need to know other people would too ;)

OK ....Ebay Pop Psychology Lesson #1 over, move along, go drink some beer or somethin ....

GrizZ

He has one picture with loads of junk around it clearly in a garage! And wait a minute..... No bids! Back off guys just trying to sell my dead dad's stuff FFS!!! If it doesn't sell I will take some better pics etc and try again how many of you are currently watching it just out of interest?

The point i was getting at, if your going to go for this high end price, give it a high end advert. I'm not having a dig, its genuine sound advice. If you make the effort to sell something, then people will make the effort to buy. no? But that doesnt matter much really as your selling a Star wars. In the pinball world, its not that sought after. In fact all the Data east machines (with the exception of Guns n roses) are considered by many to be less desirable than Bally/williams machines so they tend to sell for a lot less. Again, not having a dig, its just the way it is.

At the risk of getting my head bitten off, did the last SW really sell for the price listed on ebay? Maybe they lucked out and had a couple of rabid bidders or maybe it was the seller bidding it up (I'd favour this one, but hey, maybe it's worth contacting them to find out who the next highest bidder was). Anything over £1k would be a pretty good price IMO. £2k would probably buy you a far more sought after machine. £1200 might be about right to a lot of people.

At the end of the day, it's your machine. Price it as you see fit (or keep it or even bin it!). This week is a good time to list, closer to Christmas is probably getting a little too late as people probably would have bought presents buy then. If you can afford to wait then hang in there if you think it's worth more.

As an aside although Matt's machine is in a garage, I doubt this would put many people off. The machine and his reputation are probably more important. I'd buy a machine unseen off him any day if the price was right as I'd know it had been well maintained.

Good luck

John

Matts garage is awesome. It's gotta be 40ft long!! He's got radiators in there from memory. Absolutely great guy as well.

I know wot your saying! Rant over! I have spoken to so many people about this some say ££££'s others say £500 so I'm seeing wot happens, some sell on eBay for £2000 others don't sell for £1800 in the US they have gone for more so in all honesty who really knows?

I sold one last year on ebay for £950, it was stunning. One sold earlier THAT DAY that was tatty for £1500, don't get taken in by the eBay hype, you need two people who want something for it to go for a stupid price. Either set a realistic price on here and it will go to a good home, or to find market value, set it off at 99p and leave it to the end of auction, it'll be somewhere over £1200 I imagine.

"Market value" is determined by all the people in the community who have no real intention of buying who 1. Either watch or 2. Think "It has to be worth X price" so put that bid on ebay. Most people who are at number 2, will be somewhere between £500 and £800. The serious buyers who are interested are the people who bid over that

Well done mate, good luck with the auction and I hope you get a buyer.

Sorry if I was an **** before, I didn't mean it. Happy Christmas and hope to meet you at a pinhead event one of these days

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356472667.164612.jpg

i saw that you got a few bids when you put it on at £1200, but that you also had a reserve so it didn't sell......so ..... now you've relisted it for £1500, and have got a bidder. good for you, i hope v***m wins the auction and pays up so you finally can get shot of it. what you gonna buy with your sale dosh, got your eye on another pin?

i saw that you got a few bids when you put it on at £1200, but that you also had a reserve so it didn't sell......so ..... now you've relisted it for £1500, and have got a bidder. good for you, i hope v***m wins the auction and pays up so you finally can get shot of it. what you gonna buy with your sale dosh, got your eye on another pin?

It all went a bit crazy after it didn't meet the reserve I got a load of messages offering £1200-£1300 so I stuck to my guns and relisted it for a shorter time and got the £1500 bid! Happy days, the cash is going to pay some off some debts that I inherited!

Back
Top Bottom