What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired FOR SALE - DE Star Wars

Expired Due to no activity
I think everybody is out at that price :eeek: Just a suggestion, ebay is the place for silly prices or for starting high to get knocked down etc. People on this forum generally know what pins are worth so your better off just posting the realistic price your actually looking to get IMHO :)

Put it this way. I am in the process of buying one, right now, for £500. Needs a good clean mind you, but its £500!! A decent one on group, I would expect to pay around £1200. IMHO!

No self respecting pin buyer would dare to pay that much for a DE star wars. A friend of mine has one which must be one the finest examples around and he paid £1200 for it in may. Best bet would be to bang it on ebay. Be mindful of shilled auctions pushing prices of popular titles, as this makes a lot of folk think any pin is worth at least £5K.

No self respecting pin buyer would dare to pay that much for a DE star wars. A friend of mine has one which must be one the finest examples around and he paid £1200 for it in may. Best bet would be to bang it on ebay. Be mindful of shilled auctions pushing prices of popular titles, as this makes a lot of folk think any pin is worth at least £5K.

I take your points on board however, one has sold on eBay recently for £2025, bidding started at £700. They seem to go for more in the US.

Right now, there are LOTS of newbies coming into the hobby. A name like star wars is sure to pique the interest of a few, so you may get lucky. The thing about ebay is you never know if the listing is shilled, if the buyer sold at a lower price, or even if its pinball resellers using the listing to price push. Of course, if your machine is in a refurbed or factory fresh condition with no wear anywhere and a mint, shiny playfield also with no wear, then you may get a collector to come out the woodwork and make you an offer. Good luck with your sale anyway.

The mocking will have to wait, I'm on probation so unable to make posts with attachments!:nono:

The mocking will have to wait, I'm on probation so unable to make posts with attachments!:nono:

Hmmm. I seriously doubt you being able to sell a pin now that you have a whiff of jimmy saville about you. Perhaps you should now explain yourself?

Hmmm. I seriously doubt you being able to sell a pin now that you have a whiff of jimmy saville about you. Perhaps you should now explain yourself?

Ahh yes smell like preteen spirit! :peep:Didn't think that one through! Lol I mean new to the forum!

Ok now we have attachments!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 24
Looks like a nice machine with good colours on the cab, but prospective buyers will want to see up close, high res photos a plenty of the playfield and any wear that it has (if any). High res pics of the driver boards in the backbox and under the playfield also help out loads. As does a vid of its current operating condition from bootup.

Have tried to post on eBay but this would exceed my monthly limit have to wait get letter with code etc on but hope to get on before Xmas along with some other non pinball toys.

Star Wars

since the seller has the same name, i'm guessing yes!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321040172171?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

so when you said you were looking for offers close to £2500, is that why the buy it now price is £2520? :loco:

i'd seriously suggest you consider 1) dropping start bid to £1200, and 2) adding 'make an offer', and 3) changing buy it now price to about £1800, on the off chance you hook a crazy person, and most importantly, 4) add some proper photos as suggested. those photos in the auction tell me nothing at all about the condition of the game. to say that it has never been left outside in cold or damp conditions is not really much of a selling point - have any pins for sale been left outside in the rain and advertised the fact?

good luck mate!
i think you'll need it if it stays as written.

ebay.jpg

A picture of the machine plugged in but not even switched on doesn't give a good feeling.

either it doesn't work or the seller can't be assed switching it on so how likely are they to have maintained and cleaned it?

not saying that's the case here but it's what people think when they see machines on eBay.

your listing needs at least a picture of the play field and back glass with machine turned on. It also needs clear pictures of the high wear areas and ramp flaps etc.

im sure your disheartened with the responses on here but these guys know what they are talking about. I bought my data east Star Wars about 2 years ago for £350 fully working. Allowing for the increase in prices over the last year or so and it being close to Christmas you may get £1500. Don't believe the hype of the perpetually shilled bids on eBay.

good luck anyhow
cheers
ian

The shot of the flippers on the ebay ad shows them not aligned properly. That says to me straight away that the flippers need attention, possibly fully rebuilding. What other horrors lie in wait for the unsuspecting buyer? Bulbs out, dot matrix non functional? Who knows? Cos we cant see the damn thing on. C'mon, you can do better than that.

Yes, theres another grossly overpriced Star wars on ebay, but at least the seller is a respected and well known guy (Matt Adams) that you KNOW has looked after it. If your gonna blow that kind of coin on a Star Wars, it would be to buy his for sure.

He has one picture with loads of junk around it clearly in a garage! And wait a minute..... No bids! Back off guys just trying to sell my dead dad's stuff FFS!!! If it doesn't sell I will take some better pics etc and try again how many of you are currently watching it just out of interest?

FYI the one that sold for £2025 did not have any pics of the table lit up and the flippers are no different to mine! Some of the pics are blurred also.

Back
Top Bottom