What's new

Fluke 9010A Microprocessor Troubleshooter

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Just snagged one of these to add to the armoury for fixing pinball and arcade boards. Has some really nice features.

Just need to find some 'pods' for it now. 6809, 6802, 6502 and z80 are on the hunt list

s-l1600-3.jpg

Pods are way too expensive now, why not make your own 6809 pod?
The custom chips are just pin drivers/ESD protection, the rest is jellybean logic and the interface to the fluke is fairly simple

Pods are way too expensive now, why not make your own 6809 pod?
The custom chips are just pin drivers/ESD protection, the rest is jellybean logic and the interface to the fluke is fairly simple

I may do just that, but i've already got enough projects to keep me busy for the next 3 lifetimes!

So @lukewells, do you have one of these to? Why not make some new pods yourself if so?

When you starting your full game rewrite to? ;)

So @lukewells, do you have one of these to? Why not make some new pods yourself if so?

When you starting your full game rewrite to? ;)

If there is ever a single day in my life when there is not 6 boxes of pcb repairs stacked in the corner of the room, I will start looking at making a pod again ;)

6809 is a good one to do as they are expensive/hard to come by as all the pin guys in the US with flukes bought them all up.

Additionally, back when I got my fluke, there was an absolute c**t on ebay called ARTFROMNY who basically controlled the pod market, by buying every single pod for sale, and then sticking it back on ebay with an extra $100 on the price. Every time someone listed a pod cheaper than him to undercut him, he would simply buy their pod and re-list that with $100 on top as well. He was so brazen, he would go as far as outbidding you on a pod (by literally any amount) and then sending you an ebay message saying you could buy it from him for $100 more. This guy single handedly ruined pod prices forever.

Full game re-write is never going to happen sadly, I'll never have that sort of free time :(

Back
Top Bottom