What's new

Flipper playing up on LOTR

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
i’m having an issue with left flipper on my LOTR. It works fine to start with. but after a few games it starts to play up. ie it goes ‘weak’ and/or sometimes doesn’t flip when the button is pressed. or if it is pressed and ‘up’ it sometimes de powers drops down and then reenergises and pops up again?

anyone had a similar issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it get EOS ? Could be the switch is iffy? Sandpaper the contacts? or maybe the coil itself? Assuming you've check the mechanism for any obvious issues?

thanks for advice, not the EOS on this machine, the transistor has been replaced already, but never say never. I had playfield up and reseated stuff underneath, and fiddled with the flipper button assemblies. Will have to test it out now..... A good idea for a new years eve!!!

played it a lot tonight. the flipper seems to start going weak on a muktiball for some reason.

after 6 games it got worse and worse. now the flipper is totally dead. so either the coils gone or the transistor. oh well a nice job to start the next decade, tomorrow.

Save yourself a lot of hassle by replacing flipper button switches before trying anything else. I got mine from pinball mania.

Swapping flipper switches over would prove it if you're in doubt. Plus you should be able to test flipper coil in test menu.

thanks peter.

did a belt and braces. had a good look at flipper button seems ok but adjusted and cleaned. problem still there even though switch test ok

checked flipper fuse under pf ok

tested coil. ok 2.4 ohms. replaced diode just in case but it tested ok once cut off

replaced power mosfet on the driver board

hey presto. all working ok.

thanks all

Just swap the switches - bollox to all this sand papering - it may cure the problem for a bit but soon be back.

Get the right switches (high and low voltage are different) and fit new ones to EOS on both sides, and on the buttons.

Your pinball is worth a few grand. Spend a few £s on maintaining it.

If I was you change the flipper plungers whilst you are at it and the coil sleeves. Just a bit of general maintance.

Back
Top Bottom