What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper Layout

What do you think is the optimal number of flippers ?

Votes: 3 13.6%

Votes: 11 50.0%

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • The mad 5 plus games like Banzai, Haunted House etc

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Don't give a rat's ****

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

DRD

Registered
Curious what folk think here. I have always thought that gameplay was sometimes sacrificed in an attempt to give "kerb appeal" by putting too many in. Quite a few mini playfields are pretty lame etc etc

Last edited:
I thought long and hard about this. Nearly went for 2 but a well integrated 3rd flipper really adds another dimension to a game. Spider-Man, STTNG, Fathom etc.

^^^ agreed, tron, Tommy etc. When you get into the 4 flippers it's probably mini pf time like Royal Rumble, poker tour and Popeye which are all also superb but more gimmicky that a straight 3 flipper single pf imho. Yes. Even Popeye. :D

Very difficult one to answer, at first I was going all De La Soul but then thought a little more. It's about the game not the number of flippers. Imagine Addams with only 3 flippers :eek: or only two on @stoptap holy Grail SM :eek::eek::eek: I don't mind how many flippers as long as it's a good game with good flow. That said an extra one just in the space between the two at the bottom would definately help me improve my game :clap:

Very difficult one to answer, at first I was going all De La Soul but then thought a little more. It's about the game not the number of flippers. Imagine Addams with only 3 flippers :eek: or only two on @stoptap holy Grail SM :eek::eek::eek: I don't mind how many flippers as long as it's a good game with good flow. That said an extra one just in the space between the two at the bottom would definately help me improve my game :clap:

Has my love of Spider-Man been noticed Graham ? :rofl:

4 if you have a mini playfield, but 3 is a good balance. Depends on the layout let's face it.

Back
Top Bottom