What's new

Flipper fidelity - switching between hi and lo bass - switch?

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
Morning all,

i'm looking for a rocker switch, with 2 inputs and 1 output.

It's purpose is to allow me to select the input to the cabinet's Flipper Fidelity woofer, which is currently a manual cable swap between HIGH and LOW on the Speaker's PCB under the playfield:

IMG_0860[1].JPG

So bringing the 'positive +' into the rocker switch, then 2 lines out; 1 to each of the Woofer's inputs HI & LO.

woofer connector.JPG

This would make it far more convenient to switch the bass from LOW (at home, anytime) to HIGH (party time, noise required).

Considering mounting just inside the coin door, to the left of the cash box on the low cross beam near the tilt assembly.

Question is; where can i get the right type of switch from? I'm guessing it needs to be low impedance to prevent loss of signal. i doubt i'd ever switch HIGH/LOW while the machine was on though.

Advice appreciated.

Surely thats just a standard SPDT (Single pole double throw) switch of whatever variety you fancy... i.e. switch from two different inputs to one output....

Any SPDT switch should do, so take your pick as to whichever is most suitable for where you are looking to mount it :)

Back
Top Bottom