What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Flipper Cooling units

For those people asking about postage to the US, both publicly and via PMs.

P&P would be £35 for up to 3 units. Tracked and signed for.

Me too I will have a pair for my FOO and it will give me a chance to see if I can also fit into GNR. happy to pick it up at Pinfest if that's an option.

Me too I will have a pair for my FOO and it will give me a chance to see if I can also fit into GNR. happy to pick it up at Pinfest if that's an option.
I can imagine the right ramp becomes tricky after 15 mins playing

I'm not sure.

As power is taken from CN2 board next to the coin door.

I don't have a GB to hand to check what's in there.

You'd need to find a 5v power source from somewhere, once you can connect to that you'll be fine.
GB is Spike 1, from what I remember from when I had mine, the cabinet node board is the same, you could look up the part number for GB and say a godzilla and see if the same.

Finally, after months of design, testing, redesign, testing, redesign and further testing the flipper cooling units are now ready for sale.

Each set consists of
a pair of heatsink/fan units with clips
an extension lead
power loom
and cable ties.

View attachment 187008

The units fit over the flipper coils and take 5V power from the node board by the tilt bob.
They work with all Spike 2 (LCD) Sterns.

They prevent the coils from over heating and providing consistency in both power and timing when flipping, especially when the machine is played for any length of time. I've noticed a difference after as little as 5 minutes playing.

The price is just £50 per set (plus £5 P+P)

If you want a set, pm me your address, and I'll give you details on how you can pay.

Just got my set and WOW!
I am blown away by the build quality and thought that has gone into making these flipper cooling fans so effective.
For the price, this is an absolute bargain, thank you so much for bringing these to market.

I'll have a limited supply of these for sale at Pinfest (on top of those already preordered).

Let me know if you'd want any setting aside for you.

Just to add, these are amazing! I didn’t expect such a difference, but it’s crazy how much the coils were fading and putting off my timing. I knew it was the machine and not me 😀

A quick heads up.
I only have 11 sets left now and am extremely unlikely to be doing another batch (certainly not at the current price), so if you want a set best be quick and place an order.

I'll be at Alan's on Sunday as well as the Uk Open if you want to save on postage.

I've got no immediate plans to make any more of these.

I'm not going to say never, because I may look at doing another batch in the new year, but can't promise anything.

After many enquiries and sorting through quotes for materials and a minor changes to the make up, I am doing a limited run of 20 sets of my flipper cooling units to see whether there is demand out there to make a larger run.

These will now be £65 per set (plus £5 p&p for 1 or 2 sets).

The minor change will be that the pair of connectors near the units themselves has been removed (just one long extension cable now) and the connector to the power loom has been reversed female to male (this was not necessarily intentional and doesn't impact on the usage in way whatsoever, but does mean the two components won't be interchangeable with the previous sets I had made.

I hope to have these tested and ready to send out by next weekend (24th Feb)

As I said, I am only making a maximum of 20 this run (assuming there are no faulty units when they arrive next week) so if you want a set pm me and I can give you payment details.

Just got the dreaded news that the cooling units are stuck in customs 🥵 Hopefully I won't get stung for clearance costs on top of the other charges 🤞

As soon as I've received them I'll contact those people who have expressed an interest for their address and payment details.

Just got the dreaded news that the cooling units are stuck in customs 🥵 Hopefully I won't get stung for clearance costs on top of the other charges 🤞

As soon as I've received them I'll contact those people who have expressed an interest for their address and payment details.
Ba$tard$ - over £100 in total carriage charges

And so it starts 😳

Attachments

• 20240221_122158.jpg
    20240221_122158.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 41
Pretty certain that I've now messaged everyone who has expressed an interest so far.

If you haven't received a message, let me know.

Ta

They are designed to take power from the node board (not sure that's possible for WPT) BUT the extension cable allows that I'd it could be taken out of the cabinet (through a vent in the bottom?) they could be powered with any 5v 2a plug from Amazon, or the like. (That's how I've been testing them before installing)
Thanks @Wayne J , turned up today 👍. Do you have a link to the 5v 2a plug you use, just so I make sure I get one with the right connector?

IMG_20240226_141947.jpg

Thanks @Wayne J , turned up today 👍. Do you have a link to the 5v 2a plug you use, just so I make sure I get one with the right connector?

View attachment 245427

The minor change will be that the pair of connectors near the units themselves has been removed (just one long extension cable now) and the connector to the power loom has been reversed female to male (this was not necessarily intentional and doesn't impact on the usage in way whatsoever, but does mean the two components won't be interchangeable with the previous sets I had made.
I did say with this set that the connector was reversed in this batch, I hadn't considered the impact of anybody trying to take power externally, as nobody seemed to do it.

I'll drop you a PM to see how I can help sort this.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom