What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fix guides etc

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
There's been a few posts with regards to Clay's fix guides etc etc Over the last few days. Just thought i would post and clarify things.

This was a Fairly high profile issue a few years ago, where copyrights were held by multiple people on the same "free" documents, however the host decided for whatever reason to start charging for these. They have since disappeared from the site.

My stance is this. Whilst I would love to host them here, it's not really Politically correct to do so (Potentially LOTS of copyright issues).

You can throw the titles of these guides into Google and pull up copies, alongside visiting here : http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/ where most are available online.

Sorry to be a Kiljoy, and i'm all for hosting as much as legally possible, however i dont want the site to be pulled by our hosts due to illegal content :(

Paul

seems fair enough to me, last thing us regulars want is this place getting flak.

sorry that you now have to go through all those dozens of files looking for what can stay and what has to go

cannot be explained by science or art or magic 7.jpg

I took the easy way out - Most if them were scans of books etc, so i just removed the thread (2nd time ever!!). You can stick the safe ones back when you have a few minutes. There's a good chap ;)
101usesforacondom.files.wordpress.com_2011_02_condom_head.jpg

Sound judgement under any threat of copyright infringement........ there is a lot available on the Google search and as Dan's long search has shown he has an excellent Pinball Fault Finding and Repair Reference Library which we all may emulate........ n' make a hard copy. ;)

i went through them all and sorted the ones with possible copyright out from the others. the ones that are left, if you still want them (loads of schematics, specific table issues, stuff from rgp, stuff from TXpinball etc etc), let me know where to plonk them. not for upload, i have saved the repair guides for EMs, Bally, Williams (multiple), Gottlieb, Data East etc......

Hi,

Really sorry, I think I was guilty of this. I linked to and referred to them in my Knockout posts in the tech section. Is that the same as hosting the guides? (Soz if stupid question). If you'd like me to edit my posts in that thread and remove the links, please let me know, I don't want to cause anyone any problems at all.

Sorry again, didn't realise there was legal issues. I found them by googling for bally em pinball repairs, so thought it was ok to link to 'em.

Cheers,

Johnny

Back
Top Bottom