What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitting Insider kit to coin door.

GZ 15th March
DP 6th May
wonder if it's a permanent change or they just didn't have any of the usual doors
I'm hoping the latter. Having the dollar bill slot for accessories is cool, I have the headphone socket (mostly for streaming) on all my games but they all have US coin doors.

Not seen any of those other design of coin doors, are these on the last shipment about 6 weeks ago?

Perhaps they are $5 cheaper.

Just a note - I disconnected the Insider thing off Rush by unplugging the network cable, and the wifi adaptor and no issues running the game. I updated the code whilst it was disconnected and it did not have a moan whilst it did the node board updates. Everything was reconnected when the game left me.

Not seen any of those other design of coin doors, are these on the last shipment about 6 weeks ago?

Perhaps they are $5 cheaper.

Just a note - I disconnected the Insider thing off Rush by unplugging the network cable, and the wifi adaptor and no issues running the game. I updated the code whilst it was disconnected and it did not have a moan whilst it did the node board updates. Everything was reconnected when the game left me.
well on the deadpools for sure

mid way through the game there are times it looks for it as does GZ.

Is it only me that likes insider? I bought 2 kits at £200 each of Phil so if anyone chucking theirs out Chuck em my way please. 👍

Is it only me that likes insider? I bought 2 kits at £200 each of Phil so if anyone chucking theirs out Chuck em my way please. 👍

I think it’s ok but has a lot more potential and it's frustrating that some achievements are still bugged and you don’t get credit or it doesn’t register your score on your account.

I spent some time when I just had TMNT and JP and had got a little bored of TMNT, levelling my turtles and doing some of the other achievements on there and it kept me interested and then I was ready to play normal games on it again and it felt fresh again. So I think it’s good for a small collection, it can give you something new to do when things feel a bit stale but you don’t want to get rid of a game. I think some monthly challenges would be nice and the ability to reset them or do them multiple times.

My mum comes and plays every so often and before I’d take photos of her high scores for her because she wanted to keep track as she couldn’t get a high score on the machine, so it’s nice for that. I’d love if when she logged in it automatically set things easier so I didn’t have to change things before and after she comes over and so when I played the same game with her, we were playing on different settings.

I always log in to keep track of my scores and in case I get an achievement but a lot of them you just get without even trying. I haven’t specifically tried for any achievements on GZ, DP or IMDN yet but then I haven’t owned them very long, perhaps when I’ve put as many games on them as TMNT I’ll be looking at trying to get specific achievements and that will give them a new life for a while.

I guess overall I think it’s a good addition and I’ve put it on the 3 machines that didn’t come with it from factory but how much it really adds to the price of a nib and if it’s worth that I’m not sure and a lot of people would prefer it didn’t exist if it meant nibs were £500 cheaper or however much. The hardware cost is the smallest part probably behind running it including staff costs to develop and maintain.

Stern are missing a trick big time here.

Cashless payments.

The venue has an account with Stern and the money gets routed to the venue (or operator).

Scorbit can easily do the same thing I would imagine.

Last time I looked into this it was going to cost £1000 a machine to set up.

Coin slots could also be left active. But in 2022 a lot of folk use cards/phones to buy a can of pop.

Checked on Rush with the disconnected insider - no issues.

its coming to both I'm sure question for stern is will they expand it beyond spike 2 though as nobody wants multiple systems.

Stern are missing a trick big time here.

Cashless payments.

The venue has an account with Stern and the money gets routed to the venue (or operator).

Scorbit can easily do the same thing I would imagine.

Last time I looked into this it was going to cost £1000 a machine to set up.

Coin slots could also be left active. But in 2022 a lot of folk use cards/phones to buy a can of pop.

Checked on Rush with the disconnected insider - no issues.
Ah do you mean stern take payment? as in a payment processor?

I really like it too.

I wasn't sure at first until I started cranking out achievements. The only thing that's missing for home users is the leaderboard feature that locations get under Pro account status.

I spoke to George though and that's apparently in discussion for possibly jumping over to home users - I would love a vertically mounted LCD on the wall showing the leaderboards of all Stern IC pins at home.

I’m a fan too, I have the IC on 3 of my games, with all the updates happening lately it makes updating the machines a doddle

OK, does anyone have an ‘idiots’ guide to how you fit this in the coin door?

I opened it up and couldn’t work out what need to come out etc.

Do I need different screws?

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 97A91812-F730-4754-8DB1-9B339FD3A25E.jpeg
    97A91812-F730-4754-8DB1-9B339FD3A25E.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 10
Did you get any plates off me ?
If you did then look for the thread where I designed them and how to fit its here somewhere.
If not then I will take some pics of mine just shoot me a DM.

Col

Did you get any plates off me ?
If you did then look for the thread where I designed them and how to fit its here somewhere.
If not then I will take some pics of mine just shoot me a DM.

Col
Thanks Col, yep you sent me one of the plates, I just cannot work out what needs to come off and the screws needed. Let me search for that post and I will let you know if I need some pictures.

I didn't have a socket small enough with a thin enough wall to get in there. Managed with some long nose pliers but it was fiddly as hell.

Back
Top Bottom