What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone to Ebay Fishtales £1.7k Re-decaled

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Edited from trade to for sale as I'm pitching for a POTC

once the seed is planted it's going, then it's gotta go!!

It was faded to white but the playfield was ok. Just ok mind you. I sent it to Manny who done his magic and now it looks a treat.

I've got all the stuff I need to shop it, including repair decals, rubbers, playfield protector (about £100 on its own) but my restoring mojo has left the building for now and I can't be bothered to do it. Kids and long working hours have killed that one for now.

The Good:

It's had a load of cash thrown at it!
Redecaled cab
New topper dome and sea shell decal
Fully LED'ddddddd
New legs and stern cab protectors
New side rails
Remote battery holder
Fully working no errors
Includes shop out kit and pf protector

The bad:

Some insert wear (however it's not the worst I've seen and I have decals to cover most of it)
Broken boat plastic (available for pinball heaven)
Coin door decal registration off a little so start button isn't dead centre in the sun
Playfield is a bugger to pull out can't figure out why.
Has on about 4 occasions in the last 2 years reset when pushing the launch button. Normally when it's been on for a couple of hours straight. Something may need looking at in the HV section. It's sooooo infrequent I've not worried and it hasn't done it for months.

I can take more pics on request but here a couple of quick ones with glass as far out as I can get it without shuffling around.

I thought long and hard about typing this and deleted it a few times. I've considered tombstoning it and storing it but that's silly. It could be years until I have room.
If the deals not right, the deals not right though and I'll happily keep it.

The price!!!! £2k.

Serious enquiries through pm please

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks Kieth but not sure I agree with the trade comment. Fishy is a cracking game and if someone wants a minty cab (which lets be honest is rare on ft) then it's a winner. It's not like they'd be getting something like a hurricane in exchange.
Not gonna sell. If the trade doesn't come along. I'm keeping it. :thumbs:

The scene: it's the 90s in a dodgy pub in Wolverhampton and I'm playing creech. Two dodgy blokes walk in and slam a pound coin on the the lock bar. They have in a not very subtle way told me to f::: off and get out their way. I'm on my second ball and need to make a decision. Do I play on or do I allow these pleasant gentleman to play the machine.

I play on. Several multiballs later the thwack of a replay announces to the pub that I know what I'm doing. Each minute I rack up the score the dodgy fellas start to get annoyed. One of them leans across the machine and obscures my view.

Whilst ****ting my pants I play on.

More jackpots later the dodgy geezers are now standing either side of me as I own the machine. The situation is getting weirder by the bloody second.

The final ball drains and I wonder whether I should take my replay and risk a kicking when one of them snatches up his pound coin and 'pats' me on the back just a little harder than I would like. I offer them my replay but they down their drinks and storm out.

My brother arrives (late) and asks how the machine is playing - sees my name at the top of the high scores and says 'you've been having fun I see'

Yeah - it was a barrel of laughs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That sounds like it could be a winner Matt. I'll give you a bell at the weekend.

Lol. Well don't feel like you have to!! Don't want you stuck with a game you hate.
That "clunk" when you lock a ball in the casters club is so satisfying

Guys with respect. Please keep your opinions off my thread whether you think it's worth it or not. By all means start a new thread in general pinball discussions entitled "trading a fishtales for a creech is lunacy"

But please don't derail my thread with it. It's disrespectful and I certainly wouldn't do it to anyone.

Rant over

Thanks guys

The scene: it's the 90s in a dodgy pub in Wolverhampton and I'm playing creech. Two dodgy blokes walk in and slam a pound coin on the the lock bar. They have in a not very subtle way told me to f::: off and get out their way. I'm on my second ball and need to make a decision. Do I play on or do I allow these pleasant gentleman to play the machine.

I play on. Several multiballs later the thwack of a replay announces to the pub that I know what I'm doing. Each minute I rack up the score the dodgy fellas start to get annoyed. One of them leans across the machine and obscures my view.

Whilst ****ting my pants I play on.

More jackpots later the dodgy geezers are now standing either side of me as I own the machine. The situation is getting weirder by the bloody second.

The final ball drains and I wonder whether I should take my replay and risk a kicking when one of them snatches up his pound coin and 'pats' me on the back just a little harder than I would like. I offer them my replay but they down their drinks and storm out.

My brother arrives (late) and asks how the machine is playing - sees my name at the top of the high scores and says 'you've been having fun I see'

Yeah - it was a barrel of laughs.

refused to leave an arcade in Seaton Devon c.1985 after 5 hours playing one game of black knight. some folks don't understand being in the Zone. at least I got my 10p back before he turned off power with 2 balls still to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair I owned 3 cftbl before this one and swore I would never own another until this one was "forced" on me but it has now clicked and I won't sell it, quite happy to swap for a while though :)

It could be really nice with the insert repair decal installed. But it's still ok.

I maybe be open to trade offers. Drop me a pm with them peeps.

Back
Top Bottom