What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Fish tales

darren_ross

Registered
5Years
Would quite like a fish tales machine.

First choice was a world cup soccer but seeing as though these don't seem to be around i'd would like FT.

Would consider trading my recently purchased apollo 13 but I'd get it in the kneck from the girlfriend as she loves it.
Haven't got the room for everything though:sad:

Would quite like a fish tales machine.

First choice was a world cup soccer but seeing as though these don't seem to be around i'd would like FT.

Would consider trading my recently purchased apollo 13 but I'd get it in the kneck from the girlfriend as she loves it.
Haven't got the room for everything though:sad:

Apollo 13. Played it. Nice 13 ball. Doesn't have that Bally/Williams charm to it. I'd rather have a FT too..

My restored one will be for sale soonish.....just need to finish restoring it :) Won't be cheap but should be nice :thumbs:

I'm toying with the idea of selling mine. I would describe it as a players' machine in that it works 100% (including the fish topper that flaps around like a mad thing) but is not a restored collector's item.

Good Points:
Works 100% (including topper and coin mech) and plays fast
No error dots, all tests pass OK
Recent new sound board (rare as hen's teeth)
Recent new Rottendog Fliptronics II board
Dot Matrix clear and bright; no missing dots and no warm-up time
All inserts, flashers and backbox GI replaced by LEDs - playfield left as incandescent as it looks better to my eyes
Re-rubbered not too long ago
Nice playfield

Not-so-good:
When I got the machine there was acid damage to the CPU and the switch matrix didn't work. I replaced the LM374 and 2803 with socketed versions so it all works fine but somebody prior to my ownership repaired a couple of tracks on the reverse of the board. Works fine but not the neatest job.
GI connector needs replacing - I have a new connector but just not got round to it as it works fine as is
A few scuffs on the cabinet commensurate with age
The reds have faded on the cabinet artwork as they all do but this one is by no means the worst I've seen
The fishing rod handle is missing and has been replaced with a standard arcade pushbutton.

I've got a few pics but can get some detailed ones.

i47.photobucket.com_albums_f159_cazzer_uk_Photo26_02_2013182951_zps723480a3.jpg

Been offered about 5 of these upto now!
Not much love for the fish tales?
Afraid it does need all the toys that come with a fish tales. The shooter and the fish topper. Cabinet doesn't need to be great but the playfield needs to be in reasonable condition.
Not even fussed about it not being 100% working as this can be sorted.
Don't want to be paying silly money for this machine as I'd rather get a sought after machine for the price.

Lots of love for Fish Tales here too, my first game and still a keeper :thumbs:

Not much love??? No way man, fishy rocks. It's shallow in rules which is a plus for me but that jackpot is soooo challenging. Mark Ritchie is a legend for designing this. Hitting back to back boat ramps to light monster fish then nailing it first time is very satisfying.

As is telling tales on all 4 fish and starting the feed frenzy.

Best video mode ever all wrapped up in a great art package. I mean c'mon, what's not to like........ Except maybe the music. But I like it.

It's one of those games where once you've sold it, a couple of months later you want another. This is my second one and as much as I consider trading it, it can't leave yet. I purposely sunk a bit cash of in to redecaling so I'm forced to keep it.

Yeah and even more satisfying is super jackpots!

And yes its definitely a drain monster, (up there with BSD with those lightning flippers), but wouldn't have it any other way, it improves your skills by forcing you to control the ball.

I am not one for toppers but ,this machine is a must ,well it is for me anyway ,luckily you can still buy the main. Parts ,ie fish ,plastic dome , In total it will properly cost about £160 - £180 to make a new topper !
Cannot wait till I get mine back up and running :)

I am not one for toppers but ,this machine is a must ,well it is for me anyway ,luckily you can still buy the main. Parts ,ie fish ,plastic dome , In total it will properly cost about £160 - £180 to make a new topper !
Cannot wait till I get mine back up and running :)
Where can you get those parts from? Haven't ever seen them for sale? Seen aload of old threads selling these parts but for much more than that and they were years ago

Pinball Heaven has the dome for just over £60, think you can get the fish from Ministry of pinball. There's still a few other bits you need to make the complete topper though, the topper backboard, coil for the tail and lamp wiring for the fish eye and the lamp pcb at the front with the shells etc.

As mentioned above it is sooo much harder in reality than it is on PinballArcade. I got my fish tales because I absolutely loved it on PinballArcade.I expected to be able to do really well on it. Sadly my games don't last long hehe

Fish Tales is certainly better when it's complete with it's crazy flapping fish topper.

My first machine was a FT without a topper, and I regretted that it was missing once I'd bought it.

I love my fish tales and thanks to Chris b for sorting it
The fish is really noisy but in a nice way :) and I think I'd not enjoy the game as much without it doing my head in

Back
Top Bottom