What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish Tales volume stuck on REALLY F'ING LOUD

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
Hi all,

Switched Fish Tales on after a few weeks dormant and the volume is suddenly maxed out - even though i can still control the volume via the coin door buttons, but that does absolutely nothing - it just stays really f'ing loud!

Where would you start to investigate this one?

All my boards are matching serials, in great visual condition, no battery leakage on the CPU.

Advice appreciated.

I had a similar problem on The Getaway, was a chip on the sound board but can’t remember which one.
Edit: see pic

Attachments

• 0997B6CE-B43A-4E44-94DD-9A1F4B0F3833.jpeg
    0997B6CE-B43A-4E44-94DD-9A1F4B0F3833.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for that, think it’ll be off to Andy at PMania or Jim MyPinballs, I just don’t have the time or interest right now, sadly.

It sure is annoying, it was happening here very recently with my FT, going loud usually a minute after turning on.
I've replaced C18 and reseated cables, has been behaving fine but not turned it on much since.

It sure is annoying, it was happening here very recently with my FT, going loud usually a minute after turning on.
I've replaced C18 and reseated cables, has been behaving fine but not turned it on much since.
Sure is! This goes to max from the moment it gets switched on. You can tell because the power-on pop and hiss are louder than normal, then the 'bong' hits you.

That could suggest the chip at U5 isn't working at all.
I was wondering if you could tell if it wasn't right even before any sound has been outputted, so you don't have to deal with any really loud noises coming out.

Back
Top Bottom