What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish Tales kick out query

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
Just picked up a FT that’s stood for 15 yrs in a dry room. Replaced the cpu as it had some acid damage despite the guy cutting off the batteries (not soon enough it appears).
Ok problem is when it kicks out a ball into the shooter lane it’s hitting the metal plate covering the shooter lane wood and bouncing straight back into the ball trough hole it’s just come from. Coil is correct one and it’s happening around 60% of the time. It’s seems worse if you get multiball, so any ideas please. Thanks Ken.

Does anything else seem overpowered?
Seen something like this when the transformer was set too low which ups the power to solenoids.

Being honest I don’t know. I ain’t checked the voltages going to the coils or checked the voltage plug for the transformer. I’ll do that tomorrow. Thanks.

You need to adjust the left side of the trough bracket so that it curves the ball towards the plunger. The bracket tends to flatten (due to the ball hitting it) and allows the ball to go straight which then bounces back as you're finding.

Yea this makes sense. I shall investigate this in the morning. This wii be after I get back from being dragged round Lidl. Oh the joys of being a trolly pusher. ☹️

Bend the actuator arm that hits the ball. It sounds like it is hitting it bang on the centre.

If you bend the arm towards the head a little it will give more of a glancing blow which should suffice

You have the perfect excuse, you're supposed to shop on your own, thems the rules 👀
Erm yea in theory but our local Lidl will let us shop together and as my wife and I are 74 it’s easier to do as I’m told. She don’t drive anyway so I’m buggered if I’m gonna sit in Lidl’s car park whilst she hunts for stuff we don’t soddin eat.

Back
Top Bottom