What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish Tales game rom

Tys

Registered
5Years
Thought this would be simple enough.....BUT.....
my fish Tales currently has a version 3 rom and i purchased a v5 rom from ministry of pinball.
Just swapped the chip to the new one and got a u22 error on startup.
Switched it back to the old one and its fine again.

Whats the crack? :(

Maybe you got a bad one. As you say the old one still works so you know it's working otherwise

Reactions: Tys
I can vouch it gets rid of all led issues! My ft came with leds but all the problems they cause, one PM to @Paul and crisis averted. The man's a wizard I tell thee!

Tys,

Are you sure that it's a Fish Tales program you have there? "U22 Error" refers to the PIC 'security chip' used on the later Wpc-S board, which was introduced on World Cup '94. The original Wpc board doesn't even have a U22.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly - It is the Security Chip from a WPC-S

Am sorting out a Chip for Tys to give a go and see if its the problem :)

That sounds like a mistake by the supplier, then. The program seems to be starting up, then looking for a non-existent security chip, U22, hence the error message. There'd be no practical (or economic) sense in using a Wpc-S board, either, since the U22 isn't a generic device - it's specific to each game, e.g. a Roadshow program wouldn't accept a Fli**stones security chip, though any games' different software editions will agree with that games' security chip.

I have emailed Ministry of Pinball regarding this yesterday evening and await a reply, although based on the reply i got when i asked for a working tracking number as the one issued didnt work im not holding my breath.
me: "HI, The provided tracking number does not work. Please advise"
Ministry: "you can try it on Rotel their website also. The name of the shipping company is incorrect but you should know the exact name as we cant remember ;)"

pmsl, they need to stay out the coffee shops ;)

Back
Top Bottom