What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time you got your name in lights!

ShootAgainChris

Registered
5Years
I just cracked the leaderboard top 5 scores on my local beat up crappy TSPP. Well happy!

I just squeezed over the line by 100,000 points, and then jumped up and down in the pub hehe :rofl:. I even had 2 balls locked in the sofa so was trying to hit the garage to get up to the upper playfield then hit the minimart by mistake which took me over the line after bonuses.

Any other excited first time leaderboard scores and what did you do? I had an additional celebratory pint:clap:

Playing on my first pin Judge Dredd and making it to the wizard mode/multiball and getting a subsequent high score was kick ass, it was the first time the knocker went as well when I hit the replay value which I remember scared the crap out of my mum and she ended up throwing a cup of tea all over herself haha. It was the only game I had and still in the house at this stage. She still fears the knocker when she rarely plays a game and doesn't really know what triggers it despite an explanation :D ("Is it going to go bang??" *proceeds to cover ears with hands*).

Playing on my first pin Judge Dredd and making it to the wizard mode/multiball and getting a subsequent high score was kick ass, it was the first time the knocker went as well when I hit the replay value which I remember scared the crap out of my mum and she ended up throwing a cup of tea all over herself haha. It was the only game I had and still in the house at this stage. She still fears the knocker when she rarely plays a game and doesn't really know what triggers it despite an explanation :D ("Is it going to go bang??" *proceeds to cover ears with hands*).
Fecking hilarious.tho be fair it is a horrible sound:eek:. Your mum sounds like a bit of a legend.

I keep meaning to arrange a trip up to see ur games room but just haven't had the time

Will u be at the pipeline in May?

My first time achieving a noteworthy score, was getting the Grand Champion and Rooftop Champion on the Who Dunnit at the old Pinball Hall Of Fame in Las Vegas in 2008.

I've got a photo of the score somewhere, will have to dig it out.

Anyway I was next in Vegas in 2011 and went to checkout the new Pinball Hall of Fame building, and there it was right in front of me, Grand Champion LXW, a whole 3 years later :D

Sadly I'd been knocked down to 3rd by 2013, but still, it was one hell of a hard score to beat :D

Scoring 157m and getting high score #1 on one of the ACDC Premiums at last years Play Expo was really cool, had the game of my life at the time and having never played one before, didn't have a clue about the rule set or what to shoot for. Was one of those one off games for me where everything just flowed and loving how the game itself played, so much so it's the pin I'd have above any other if I got the chance.

Mid way through some random person started watching whilst eating his chips and asked me how I got so good at pinball, obviously he hadn't seen me play anything else before that game :rofl:

I just remembered another one, I went to that Retro Revival event a year ago, and I got a pretty good top score on both Funhouse and Jackbot, and some random guy kept walking past and high-fiving me :rofl:

Apart from a couple of scores due to immortal multiball glitches, I got my first legit appearance on the board today with 184m on The Coffee Pot Cafe's recently-acquired 'The Getaway: High Speed II'.

My first time achieving a noteworthy score, was getting the Grand Champion and Rooftop Champion on the Who Dunnit at the old Pinball Hall Of Fame in Las Vegas in 2008.

I've got a photo of the score somewhere, will have to dig it out.

Anyway I was next in Vegas in 2011 and went to checkout the new Pinball Hall of Fame building, and there it was right in front of me, Grand Champion LXW, a whole 3 years later :D

Sadly I'd been knocked down to 3rd by 2013, but still, it was one hell of a hard score to beat :D
That is very impressive, especially that it is still there after 5 years!

Back
Top Bottom