What's new

Wanted First pin, film or music theme preferred

Cr4zylegs

Registered
Hi,
As title, I'm looking for my first pin, something for my son and I to have a bit of fun with.
Anything considered but would prefer something with a film or music theme.
Cheers
Carl

Carl,

Play on The Pinball Arcade, also see if you can play on real tables. I started a topic about Theme or game play and they don't always go together. Another thing you could think about are that some games are liked by some but under rated by most people so they sell at a lower price.

Another thing is that due to the fact of only a small number of designers you can get two pins with similar layouts but different themes and prices.

Try to play a few before you decide on a machine.

Take people up on their offers of playing there machines, you'll get a feel of what your after, you'll make new friends, get important advice on what to look for and you could even get some leads to that all important first pin.

Hi Carl

Good luck with the hunt:)

What's the budget that you are looking at? There's a few pins still in the 800-1000 range but if you could slide up a bit further then more options would be open to you. Try not to worry too much about the money, it's crazy to spend loads on a "toy" but you'll probably get most (maybe all) of the money back when you resell.

I'm guessing you're looking for a modern pin with a DMD display. Music pins tend to be more expensive (Elvis, Rolling Stones, GnR, Kiss, AC/DC, Metallica). Here you would probably be looking at anywhere between 2-5k:eek:

The good news is film related pins are far more common, lots more in the lower price bracket too.

Keep an eye on the forum sales section. Don't be fooled by the BIN prices on ebay. If at all possible try to play before you buy. All pins are good but some are far better than others

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'm after something from the 90's 00's I've already had one very kind member offering to let me try out a couple of his machines.
I read the thread on gameplay vs theme, guess I'm after a bit of both
My budget is around the 1500 mark, I understand that I would get my money back when selling, but I'm just finishing the renovations on my property and can not afford any more on the initial outlay.

I think lethal weapon 3 is a good fun game with music but then that's me you might hate it, as said look around until your sure what suits you and your son

Ronnie

If you're not the sort that likes researching then don't over think it. Getting your first pin will be awesome in so many ways whichever you choose - imo you've made the important decision already which is to buy one! You have a sensible budget and will enjoy a good DMD game for that. You've found this place which is good, so buy from here with confidence and should you need to move it on then the only 'tax' will be the delivery charge paid (should you not be able to collect it yourself). There's even a recommended courier on here - Martin, that moves pins around the country for £85.

Best bang for buck movie theme is still demoman.
I would highly recommend The Shadow in this category, usually a few hundred £ more than Demo Man but still well in budget and a very good ( and highly regarded by most ) machine.

Edit...I see Replay beat me to it by a few minutes :)

One thing to bear in mind with games like the Shadow is the difficultly. I'd say Shadow is probably too difficult for an 8 year old to enjoy and might put him off pinball.

The best game IMO for getting kids into Pinball that's also a good game for adults is World Cup Soccer 94 :thumbs:

One thing to bear in mind with games like the Shadow is the difficultly. I'd say Shadow is probably too difficult for an 8 year old to enjoy and might put him off pinball.

The best game IMO for getting kids into Pinball that's also a good game for adults is World Cup Soccer 94 :thumbs:
I think you underestimate 8 year olds :). Seriosuly though, close up the outlanes, 5 balls loads of extras, put everything on easy...he would love it. You are probably right though about WCS'94, especially if he likes football.

My vote would be for the Shadow as well, my lad (12) and me love ours and any visitors that have played it all liked it. Its a very challenging game if you are playing to complete it but its great if you are only playing for hi score as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, it is amazing what kids can do these days with technology, my son had a iPad when he was 3 and can do more with it than I ever could, still can't beat me at Fifa on the Xbox though!:)

Just saw a flintstones on ebay being sold by Manny. Several people here know him and could probably vouch that he's trusted amongst the community....

I have a Dr who and a shadow sitting alongside each other and i have a 8 yr old boy. I must say that the boy likes the spiderman that's also next to them more. Morale: once you have started collecting them it is difficult to stop!

With 8 year olds it's hard to tell. My 8 year old daughter loves AC/DC and Scared Stiff more than any other games. I thought my son would love JP and Star Wars when I had them but he never touched them.

I'd probably stay away from The Walking Dead or Playboy though.;)

Hook is a good fun game, not to many things to go wrong as with some of the more complex machines, well within your price range

Hi Carl have an Independence Day for sale...would suit younger and more novice players. Fully working...and with Independence Day 2 out in spring?......have a look at the for sale forum for pics..
Keith.

Back
Top Bottom