What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted First Machine for New Addict! £3.5-4k Budget

I've lurked in the shadows on this forum for the past couple of years (mainly lurked because I can't keep up with pinflation).

My advice as a 1 pin owner would be to decide what's most important to you, whether that be game flow, depth, theme etc.

If you pick wisely, you'll be satisfied for a long time speaking from my personal experience.

I went for a Ghostbusters Pro as the theme & callouts are brilliant in my opinion, and the game is tough and keeps you coming back for more.

Spiderman would be a great choice but others I'd recommend are RBION (Ripleys) and Star Trek although the latter might be out of budget with current prices.

There are also some decent DE machines that would be within budget (Frankenstien and its epic 6 ball multiball comes to mind).

Cheers,
Jon

Matt - warm welcome. If you're from Birmingham you are fortunate to have great pinball locations like Tilt in the city centre and Electric Circus in Nuneaton (you are probably fully aware already!) Both these have an excellent range of great games.

If you think you are addicted now, just wait until you try the social UK pinball league (Midlands meets going on now), EC classics league or the can't be missed Electric Circus Battle for the Crown matchplay tournament (May 7th) . You don't need to be any good to enjoy any of these events (some people are, some aren't), it's just a fantastic way to meet other people who love playing pinball, have fun and play lots of different machines. You'd probably also get some more good advice from people on good pins to own.

Only 5 meals? where do you wine and dine :D
Err. London. I’d love to say top restaurants but that would be a total lie. £100 per head is pretty mid range. This is the land of the £7+ pint. 😱
A bloody take away is now £50 for three of us.

£200 for a bill at a restaurant for 2 isn’t bad value. Popped down to the local pub for a cheap anniversary meal tonight A glass of wine was £12 so £60 spent on drinks before the food bill. (Bear in mind this is a scuzzy student pub not anywhere s****y. I should clarify we went somewhere better at the weekend).

It’s scarily easy to Hemorrhage cash in the city. There’s a reason I rarely go out drinking nowadays. 😢

Err. London. I’d love to say top restaurants but that would be a total lie. £100 per head is pretty mid range. This is the land of the £7+ pint. 😱
A bloody take away is now £50 for three of us.

£200 for a bill at a restaurant for 2 isn’t bad value. Popped down to the local pub for a cheap anniversary meal tonight A glass of wine was £12 so £60 spent on drinks before the food bill. (Bear in mind this is a scuzzy student pub not anywhere s****y. I should clarify we went somewhere better at the weekend).

It’s scarily easy to Hemorrhage cash in the city. There’s a reason I rarely go out drinking nowadays. 😢
Jesus Christ those prices are day light robbery you need to move a little bit more north :)

Pins for 3 - 4k.

Bram Stokers Dracula:

Pro's:
One of the best stacking multi-balls of any game I've played
One the best video modes of the 90's era
Satisfying shots

Con's:
Lacks 'traditional' modes
If it comes with the standard 'lightning flippers' its considered one of the harder games of the era
Playfield artwork is dated and looks funky

In all honesty its such a great game, I wouldn't sell mine.

FIsh Tales:

Pro's:
Makes a great family pin with great music
Great atwork and call outs
The second best video mode of the 90's era :D
Satisfying shots
Fast and Simple rule set

Con's:
Lacks 'traditional' modes
If it comes with the standard 'lightning flippers' its considered one of the harder games of the era
Lack of 'Toys' in the game, the fishing reel ball lock is great though.

My wifes favourite, she won't let me sell it.

Judge Dredd:

Pro's:
Satisfying shots
Suprising flow for a widebody game

Con's:
Some odd modes
Multiball music is just plain weird and out of place

Not many peoples favourites and can be hard to sell on as a result

High Speed 2: The Getaway:

Pro's:
Fast paced game, great flow
Changing gears (gear shifting) adds that extra something and provides an extra level of gameplay
Music is pretty good (ZZ Top)

Con's:
Pretty brutal for a first timer
Not many toys in this game (the hyperloop looses its 'jazz' pretty quick.

Not much to the game depth wise you may bore of it quickly (we did)
I’ve always liked the look of JD and often thought it would be the perfect candidate for Pinsound and would love to see one with the music replaced. Then you can choose what you want to hear. Coujd totally revamp the playing experience 😎

I’ve always liked the look of JD and often thought it would be the perfect candidate for Pinsound and would love to see one with the music replaced. Then you can choose what you want to hear. Coujd totally revamp the playing experience 😎
Speak to Stan, he has already done it.

Just seeing if there are any others being put up for sale or in need of a new home. Happy to consider most games within budget :)

Back
Top Bottom