What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress First house & Pinroom, advice appreciated - this is all your fault! (2023 update!)

Found out where the gas pipe is going yet?

They're gonna put it under the floor, so lower the majority of it. It'll come up and go through the skirting but hopefully it can be made to look neat.

Plastered and screeded!

It's great to see a smooth transition from the hall to the room, no half a ft drop!

Tomorrow we have to get some paint, decisions decisions.

I'm thinking a dark ish grey and a red for one wall. Not sure which yet.

20230907_152711.jpg20230909_124140.jpg20230909_142836.jpg20230909_142834.jpg20230909_142839.jpg

Whats the silver car behind the red Fiat?

It’s a TVR, a bit of an oddity, it’s the Tasmin Turbo Coupe, a pre production prototype that never went into production. A picture here with the garage lights on 😂

IMG_3866.jpeg

And a couple of press picture of it at the 1982 NEC motor show prior to the project being shelved.

IMG_8094.jpeg
IMG_8817.jpeg

For those who know some of TVRs history (and there are quite a few of us on here) they may recognise a few faces on the picture above.

Chris.

Tomorrow we have to get some paint, decisions decisions.

I'm thinking a dark ish grey and a red for one wall. Not sure which yet.

Great progress and can see the attractiveness of your interior designer thinking... however... I would recommend going all white for one very simple reason... if you are have lots of pinball meets it will give the impression that the room is large and airy which will make a more pleasant experience to those attending.

P.S. I'm not an interior designer so feel free to take my advice with a pinch of salt. :thumbs:

I recently painted the pin room and carried the colour up onto the roof and it creates a better atmosphere and casts the lights nicely but it's all personal taste at the end of the day, just go with your gut.

If you don't like it it fairly inexpensive to start again (assume you're doing your own decorating).

I recently painted the pin room and carried the colour up onto the roof and it creates a better atmosphere and casts the lights nicely but it's all personal taste at the end of the day, just go with your gut.

If you don't like it it fairly inexpensive to start again (assume you're doing your own decorating).
That’s the way to do it apparently. My mrs decorated the front room with the same colour on the wall, skirting and ceiling because it’s ‘in’ according to instagram.
Looks good to be fair, but I say that about everything new she does 🤷‍♂️

Can you share some pics?
I'm unsure😄

I would assume its like the picture of the garage higher up with the TVR in it. Skirting, Wall and Ceiling all the same colour.
The garage is white skirtings, white ceiling and light grey walls.

I think this one posted some time ago by Fubar is a fantastic representation of the different visual effects...

It's also worth thinking about how darker surfaces change our perception of size. I thought this graphic was pretty interesting:

View attachment 230795

Chris.

Mist coat and doors back.

Not going dark grey, going to keep it light but not white!

I am thinking of having the end wall red, but not sure. Have to decide before morning though 🙈

This wall red, including the door so it blends in...or is that crazy?
20230912_154612.jpg

20230912_154621.jpg20230912_154614.jpg

Graffiti art would look good, you must see a lot of that on the train. Would look pretty cool, I was going to do that but it just didn’t happen.

Attachments

• 36DBF0E7-2B73-4D0F-85AC-C62D832E4BBE.jpeg
    36DBF0E7-2B73-4D0F-85AC-C62D832E4BBE.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 26
  • C62EE895-55B7-4059-A7AC-E17F03949A7D.jpeg
    C62EE895-55B7-4059-A7AC-E17F03949A7D.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom