What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Firepower Project

Ace`

Registered
I have decided to sell my Firepower project, I need the space as you can see from all the junk under it and I just have too many other projects. I bought this from a lady that said it was working when it went into storage but I don't know how true that is.

It is complete apart from the speaker which had a hole in it so I removed and binned it, it will need a set of rubbers and the keys are missing. The coin door is already open and the backbox can be locked / unlocked with a flat head screw driver.

This is what I've done to it, legs recently powder coated, pcbs have had new molex headers fitted, recapped and the coin cell battery mod. I also replaced all the nasty resistors on the lower board which had smoked and done some damage to the pcb but all the traces are fine. The backglass is missing quite a bit of paint as you can see from the pictures but I did triple thick it to stop it getting any worse.

There's still quite a bit to do and I've never powered it up as I don't trust the original brown cable and I am missing some fuses. One of pop bumper metal brackets is broken so that will need to be repaired / replaced too.

Any questions or more picture requests let me know.

£400

I am near Braintree in Essex if you'd like to collect or Martin has been here a few times to drop off vids.

Pictures here
http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/games2replay/library/firepower?sort=3&page=1

nice little project for someone,I think courtney was after a solid state project pin

To be fair, it needs a backglass, the PF is worn, the targets will need refitting and wiring, the whole playfield is pretty stripped. £400 might be a big ask for the amount of work even just to put it back together...

To be fair, it needs a backglass, the PF is worn, the targets will need refitting and wiring, the whole playfield is pretty stripped. £400 might be a big ask for the amount of work even just to put it back together...

This is generally the going rate, even for project games these days. Gone are the days of mega bargains as prices have skyrocketed due to the surge in popularity of the hobby in recent years. The lowest I have ever spent on a game was £360 and that was for a Paragon that had playfield wear, a flaky back glass and wiring all hacked to hell just to make it work. I sold it at a loss in the end.

The playfield wear is mostly in the black areas and from what I've seen online it's in better than average condition. It's all stripped because I stripped it to clean, all the parts are there.

@Ace` I can offer you £250 for it if I don't buy the one off ebay...

Don't you think this kind of thing should be in a PM?

Pet hate of mine..... but questioning someone's price, suggesting a perceived value, offers etc. should be kept out of the public 'For Sale' thread.

No definite instruction here but food for thought all the same:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/selling-advice-please-read.8609/

I have always seen firepower as the first game to really take advantage of the shift from EM to electronic. I can remember first playing one at 12 years old and locking the ball and telling the guy at the kiosk that the ball was stuck - not seeing the ball in the shooter lane. mine has one of those strippey artwork cabs from the northern operator so will be getting a custom job at some point. maybe with the works Steve Ritchies' FIREPOWER on the sides

Back
Top Bottom