What's new

Firepower backglass touch up and LEDs help

FinalFight

Site Supporter
The backglass on my firepower needs some touch ups to the red lettering and the blue on the wings any idea what to use for this and is there a way to seal it?
Also I would like to change to LED to brighten it up a bit and cut down on the power any tips on what ones to use and where? I was told before pinball-led.co.uk on here are good
Thank you 🙂

Painting a backglass can be tricky. First thing to do is seal it, ideally using Krylon Triple Thick :thumbs: Once you've done that then any attempts at paint touch ups can be wiped off if you're not happy. I've used acylics paints and also coloured gels on backglasses and had decent results with both depending on the damage. For Pyramid I'd going to experiment with transparent/glass paints and see how that goes.

None ghosting for controlled LEDs, Comets.
Painting a backglass can be tricky. First thing to do is seal it, ideally using Krylon Triple Thick :thumbs: Once you've done that then any attempts at paint touch ups can be wiped off if you're not happy. I've used acylics paints and also coloured gels on backglasses and had decent results with both depending on the damage. For Pyramid I'd going to experiment with transparent/glass paints and see how that goes.

Thank you.. so do you seal the whole thing even the areas that need touching in? Just mask the display windows?

Yes :thumbs: Mask the displays and seal the lot first, give's you a solid base for any touch ups and protects what's already there. If you've got really loose or flakey paint then you might need to use the cling film method but depends how bad it is. Also be careful when sealing around any loose areas that you don't blow more off the spray can.

Yes :thumbs: Mask the displays and seal the lot first, give's you a solid base for any touch ups and protects what's already there. If you've got really loose or flakey paint then you might need to use the cling film method but depends how bad it is. Also be careful when sealing around any loose areas that you don't blow more off the spray can.
That's brilliant thanks for the help 😀

Back
Top Bottom