What's new

Finally - Pins in a new games room!

Charliemouse

Registered
After purchasing the house I’d been stalking for 18 months three days before lockdown (epic timing), I finally managed to get the pins home with most of the rest of the furniture this weekend.

lots still to do, both further modding (some have only got 20 or so mods... LOTR notably weighed almost as much as Hobbit 🤪), fitting toppers, organizing bar (maybe not quite to @Spadge level, but will take tips as always).

if I had made a line-up it would have made modding and cuing a bit of a pest. So I’ve gone for this:

Tolkein corner

1157B978-1B2F-4833-95FB-3F7C0F22A4ED.jpeg

9A9099D4-E271-4886-8704-4391A892BB08.jpeg

Metal / dad rock corner

23BABFFB-ADDD-4806-B1B4-ED3C8F9B8DA9.jpeg
B58F76C4-6360-4536-8653-0E951469E105.jpeg
I'm quite liking the side-art, though I appreciate it lacks the impact of a line-up.
what do we think in pin-land?

@AlanJ @Monkeyboypaul @Spadge et al: looking forward to post-lockdown sharing 😬

Attachments

• E52E6D74-FCAC-49ED-8C55-8599D512308A.jpeg
    E52E6D74-FCAC-49ED-8C55-8599D512308A.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 20
After purchasing the house I’d been stalking for 18 months three days before lockdown (epic timing), I finally managed to get the pins home with most of the rest of the furniture this weekend.

lots still to do, both further modding (some have only got 20 or so mods... LOTR notably weighed almost as much as Hobbit 🤪), fitting toppers, organizing bar (maybe not quite to @Spadge level, but will take tips as always).

if I had made a line-up it would have made modding and cuing a bit of a pest. So I’ve gone for this:

Tolkein corner

View attachment 108868

View attachment 108866

Metal / dad rock corner

View attachment 108869
View attachment 108870
I'm quite liking the side-art, though I appreciate it lacks the impact of a line-up.

I like it, and even if I didn’t I expect those machines are much easier to move than that snooker table, even Hobbit! So pinball is secondary in there.

I appreciate the invite and will take you up on it one day, it’s just not clear when...

Is that you in the dad rock corner?

i love seeing side art, but they also look very cool in a line-up, so maybe the compromise is a politically correct socially distanced line-up...

Last edited:

Tolkein corner

View attachment 108868

View attachment 108866

Metal / dad rock corner

View attachment 108869
View attachment 108870

I like it, and even if I didn’t I expect those machines are much easier to move than that snooker table, even Hobbit! So pinball is secondary in there.

I appreciate the invite and will take you up on it one day, it’s just not clear when...

Is that you in the dad rock corner?

i love seeing side art, but they also look very cool in a line-up, so maybe the compromise is a politically correct socially distanced line-up...

I am ok with th compromise at the moment, especially with the work I need to do.
Thats my socially distanced removal man, who I felt after humping 150-200kg lumps all day in a mask, deserved first cold beer from the fridge and first go on the pins. As you can see I’m mocking his efforts from a distance 😇
ive been told if I move again I’m on my own, restrictions or no...

Nice room @Charliemouse I too have a hobbit LE and it’s my little fellas fav pin.
But one thing I noticed and Just as a note of caution I’m not familiar with LOTR but someone may know better about Sterns of that era but directly in front of a window like that may fade your pins PF badly.

Nice room @Charliemouse I too have a hobbit LE and it’s my little fellas fav pin.
But one thing I noticed and Just as a note of caution I’m not familiar with LOTR but someone may know better about Sterns of that era but directly in front of a window like that may fade your pins PF badly.
Thanks for the thought! I had the same one.
It’s got a blind on it, but I’ll probably tape some card to the side 👍

Last edited:
45 and 39 years since they were formed, more than qualifies them for dad rock...:confused:
I guess if you're going by age but the fanbase for those bands still cover a wide range.
It might be me thinking of 'Dad Rock' as a derogatory term :p

Or it makes me feel old

seems i was wrong on my assumtion

That's what I considered Dad Rock, but then again I can see how people can call other stuff 'Dad Rock' because it seems dated and I'm sure people have refered to Iron Maiden as Dad Rock before.

Probably similiar to how apparently some bands aren't "metal" anymore to younger people, relegated to 'hard rock' which is rubbish😂.

Off topic, I apologise!

Oh to o have a room that fits a snooker table!

Those 6L kegs don’t last long. If we’re having a do. I didn’t want to risk running short.

Also, I still have that pinsound 😂

I have one.
Sadly they seem to be milking the lockdown as kegs gone up about 5 to 10 percent 🤬🤬

Back
Top Bottom