What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold FG - January Sales £2,600

What does community think on price on this now? Asking for a friend...
I personally think it's hard to say. If I had the room, and my husband liked it, I would snap it up at this price.

However, it's obvious to me that most forum members view the excellent 80s Bally pins as significantly less valuable than I do.

I personally think it's hard to say. If I had the room, and my husband liked it, I would snap it up at this price.

However, it's obvious to me that most forum members view the excellent 80s Bally pins as significantly less valuable than I do.
That being said Haggis are remaking em currently and charging £10k a pop - difficult to see FG not being one of the remakes

That being said Haggis are remaking em currently and charging £10k a pop - difficult to see FG not being one of the remakes
Centaur and Fathom aren't licensed. Flash Gordon is. Maybe they don't have the licence...

It's an excellent game. I enjoyed mine thoroughly and the only reason we moved it on is because @MadMonzer didn't like it (he said the half-ramps felt like it was trying to be a 90s Bally-Williams, but the tech wasn't good enough).

What does community think on price on this now? Asking for a friend...
Unfortunately like buying shares buyer paid top dollar for this title and unfortunately will have to take a bath on it. Best to just keep it.

IMG_20240101_133608_612.jpg

I believe we are at the blue cross at the moment.

Intere
Unfortunately like buying shares buyer paid top dollar for this title and unfortunately will have to take a bath on it. Best to just keep it.

View attachment 240728

I believe we are at the blue cross at the moment.
As a man who has dabbled in the markets i can relate!!

I think its an ok price now tbf, hope he gets a buyer.

I will defs be getting a 'new' pin this year 😍

But bot as a first or only pin. This limits appeal compared to a Fathom or EBD.
Really? I've played Fathom and EBD (and currently have a Centaur) and they're much-of-a-muchness, to be honest. All great pins.

@MadMonzer's issue was that he didn't like the low ramps. He's a B/W-era fan and felt FG was trying to be a B/W-era pin, but the tech just wasn't there at that time. I liked the tricky shots on FG and the sense of peril, and feel the lack of multiball is a bit overstated. I also loved the theme, colourful artwork, and there's a wonderful replacement Squawk and Talk board that plays the film music (by Queen, no less). I bought a funky spaceship topper for mine too.

I enjoy Centaur about the same amount as the FG we had - good shots, great for a quick game. It's definitely easier than FG though!

If I met someone who wanted a first pin, and only had space for one machine, I wouldn't recommend a classic. They're hard to source specific ones, you need a certain ability at maintenance and, if you're a good player, you're probably better off with a Stern Pro.

I'd definitely recommend it to people who love the varied shots on the Stern Elwins though, have a bit of experience of pins, but don't have a lot of familiarity with owning 80s titles. Good classics are ALL ABOUT THE SHOTS, because they didn't have the software in those days to hide a bad layout with strong code! If you're one of those people who loves great, tense gameplay and a strong, fast layout, without the hassle of learning 20 pages of code, GIVE THIS FG A TRY :)

Or, alternatively, I owned one of these. I really loved it. I was sad when it left :( I'm sad that @Lickashot is struggling to sell his pin because FG is much more super-fun to play (IMO) than some of the things that are selling for higher prices :(

I also know not everyone is lucky enough to get to play lots of different pins on location, so may not realise how super-fun FG is :D

So, I wanted to give the post a boost :D

GLWS @Lickashot 🤞 💙

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I took a 1k loss in like 4 months on a AIQ Prem. Market definitely going south!!!

Whats the cabinet look like, do you have more pics, or a link to the original sale thread, thanks.

Why not stick it on ebay and auction it ? Much wider pool of buyers there and you'd get fair market value.

Back
Top Bottom