What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 1, 2014] Special When Lit Social Meet & 3rd League Meet (Salisbury)

Hotel booked, finish early and play pins. Beer allowed?

It's possible were u there in October? I was there with my son he ate all the sausage rolls lol

Nope, first time to Salisbury club. My son is coming with me, aged 11, who stuffed me on my favourite tonight…. you have to beat me for me to go to bed game! took me 45 minutes worth of games on Tron!

Beer allowed?

Yes, beer is allowed (bring your own) but please try not to get too legless (has been known)! :D

Looks like I need see if the local brewery can supply me a keg at short notice....
Fingers crossed ;)

Salisbury does have one of the highest concentrations of pubs (and restaurants) in the country... :rolleyes:

Keg wise it may be worth giving the Wyndham Arms a call... ;)
http://www.hopback.co.uk/our-pubs/the-wyndham.html

Not only the Cat Tavern, but the Victoria, Railway Tavern, Bird in Hand and Deacons are all very close. :)

I have ordered a Polypin of local Devon ale and will bring with me today, assume enough go to finish it, £1 a pint to Matt's shine charity?

A cracking days pinball, thanks to everyone who turned up to support the meet. :D

It was nice to see such a good turn out although it was a very difficult competition for some, because 4 of top 5 players in the UK rankings attended.

The league results are as follows:

1 Peter Blakemore
2 Craig Pullen
3 Lukasz Romanowski
4 Greg Mott
5 Martin Ayub
6 Ryan Pullen
7 Chris Poyntz
8 David Mainwaring
9 Philip Mann
10 Chris Glazier
11 Helmut Langenbruch
11 Nick Hill
13 Mark Wiltshire
14 Jake Hughes
15 Andrew Wilson
16 Levi Banks
17 Emma Oliver
18 Andrew Shillabeer
19 Ashley Oliver
20 Daniel Wallace
21 Bettina Mitchell
22 Tim Slow
23 Dan Letourneau
24 Ian Wallace
25 Moira Ross
25 Hilary Hector

Congrats on the win Peter.

Thanks, Daz ! :D

I think I was more gobsmacked at the result than anyone else! :eek: There were some big scores left right and centre. :)

I just kept my head down and posted 3 3rd place scores and 3 5th place scores. I pipped Craig by 1 point and Lukasz by 3 points.

Greg was top on Spirit, Roadshow and second on MSF.
Craig Top on No Fear, second on TZ and third on Spirit.
Lukasz was top on TZ, Second on World Challenge Soccer and third on MSF.
Martin was top on World Challenge Soccer, second on No Fear and fourth on Spirit.

A couple of Grand Champion scores fell during the warm up session, Martin putting 1.7B on TZ and Chris Poyntz 144M on CC. :cool:

Don't worry Ian, the country is full of dad's been defeated by their sons (and daughters) in league matches.... If anything it is a tribute to you for letting him get involved and progressing as he is doing! :cool:

Peter,

Thanks for being a great host, Dan and I had a great Friday night and Saturday afternoon. It was certainly worth the 3 hour drive in the ****ing rain. Next time I will not try so too hard and relax a bit, and hopefully my scores will be higher, i.e. closer to my sons, my Friday night scores were a lot higher with a few beers in me :) I think I was the only one drinking … :(

Hopefully I will host one of the South West's meets this year, and you all can enjoy the beer from my local pub and not from a box!!! …I can get corporates at the local hotel for those wanting to stay over, or if middle June (Neil F. this is for you to sort) tents are welcome in the garden !!! and i'll sort breakfast (Call it a Devon Pinfest!) , the kid's tree house is available at extra supplement ;) …. probably sleeps 3

Thanks for my 1st introduction to a league event.

Cheers

Ian

Peter,

Thanks for being a great host, Dan and I had a great Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

You're welcome. I'm glad you both had a good time :D

It was certainly worth the 3 hour drive in the ****ing rain. Next time I will not try so too hard and relax a bit, and hopefully my scores will be higher, i.e. closer to my sons, my Friday night scores were a lot higher with a few beers in me :)

Yes games can seem a lot easier when you've been suitably lubricated! :cool:

I think I was the only one drinking … :(

It was unfortunate but that was due to most people driving to and from the venue. I would have joined you but even I had some driving duties that night. Plus our regular overnighters were MIA or sent their appologies... :rolleyes:

Hopefully I will host one of the South West's meets this year, and you all can enjoy the beer from my local pub and not from a box!!! …I can get corporates at the local hotel for those wanting to stay over, or if middle June (Neil F. this is for you to sort) tents are welcome in the garden !!! and i'll sort breakfast (Call it a Devon Pinfest!) , the kid's tree house is available at extra supplement ;) …. probably sleeps 3

Thanks for my 1st introduction to a league event.

Cheers

Ian

Sound's good to me! It was a pleasure having you and Daniel along. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom