What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite tools?

Mfresh

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
I’ve been working on a few machines a lot these last few months, and this is hands down my favourite tool. I can’t believe I didn’t have one before I did.

I’ve had countless other wire strippers, but none are a patch on this.

Any other suggestions for best-of-their-type tools?

IMG_6873.jpeg

Yup - i have a set of those... Used many others, however those are cheap and cheerful and do a good job :)

^ I’ve multiple set of these precision cutters, they are truly fantastic!

My work colleagues tend to borrow them once, then buy their own 😎

Good choice @AlanJ 👍

I have been using a set like this for 25 years. It is extremely useful for both Pinball and real life.

If you buy three of these you can then have the four standard pinball imperial nut spinners ready for action

Hakko desolder gun.

I bought a few desolder stations. The tube and cable coming out of it gets on my nerves big time.

Also have got thru 3 of them - and at between £49 (pre covid price) and £120 (last price) - I have peed a lot of money down the drain. Really wished I bought the good one initially.

Hakko desolder gun.

I bought a few desolder stations. The tube and cable coming out of it gets on my nerves big time.

Also have got thru 3 of them - and at between £49 (pre covid price) and £120 (last price) - I have peed a lot of money down the drain. Really wished I bought the good one initially.
I have this model too, it's quality.

what’s difference between fr-301-22 and fr-301-81 and fr-301-82 ? they all look the same but the -22 is twice the price of the others???

Just a few of my favourite tools.
Fuse testers, a must for any tool box.
IMG_0069.jpeg
3/8 ratchet spanner, a must for tightening flipper bats.
IMG_0070.jpeg
Leaf switch adjustment tool.
IMG_0071.jpeg
And these are so much easier to use than a standard Allen key, makes getting flipper end stops off a doddle.
IMG_0072.jpeg

I nominate Bench Power Supplies, as you can quickly supply the right voltage and amps to things.
And a WPC89 bench rig powered by it, to test and repair boards. Though I want a WPC89 transformer to supply the higher voltage to the rig for the DMD and the flippers.

IMG_3816 (2).jpeg

Is this the right stuff to use on spinners? I've seen Super Lube recommended here and on Pinside, but the word 'grease' is making me question it?

View attachment 247303
This is what I use, spinners spin forever. Definitely an oil not a grease.

This is what I use, spinners spin forever. Definitely an oil not a grease.

Perfect, thanks. I was just about to post the same after looking on Amazon.

What crimping tools do people recommend? I am looking to buy something quality that is able to do AWG 16.

I developed a tool to jack up the cabinet to adjust the leg levellers - saves me hauling up the pinball trolley - so quick and easy now.

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2626.jpeg
    IMG_2626.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2627.jpeg
    IMG_2627.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2628.jpeg
    IMG_2628.jpeg