What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite games @ the Slam 2012 ?

cooldan' date=' post: 1692671 said:
Talking of Creature, i couldn't work out why i couldn't get it to rotate in the whirlpool (during multiball, left ramp is supposed to go round to collect CREATURE letters to try to double playfield value before scoring the jackpot) - was this a faulty switch, or am i missing something?

The game has to be set up just right for the ball to do revolutions in the whirlpool, possibly the table was't quite level/angled right or the wireform feeding into the whirlpool needed adjusting.

I had a Creech here that struggled to make even one rev in the whirlpool - very annoying :mad: , moved the wireform a bit to change angle of entry and suddenly it was making half a dozen revolutions no problem
biggrin-1.png

Enjoyed Centaur until the flipper died!

Also Tommy and WCS. WCS is a pin I would like to play more. A JPOP pin that is good value and always fun scoring a goal:D

Firstly thanks for everyone involved in putting it on:)

Best machines for me were the Flintstones, Batman and, surprisingly, Godzilla. (Didn't realise one of the Flintstones was for sale, until it was too late - probably for the best)

Great to have an oportunity to play a TOTAN as I've been tempted to try and get one for a while. Not so sure if it would be a pin for me now though.

Only got 1 go on the AC/DC but got to put my name in on the "Hells Bells" thing, what ever that was:p

Loved the look of Duncan's IJ and the Green LEDs on Creature.

Still undecided about Congo as it seemed very dark but kept coming back to it. Shrek looked amusing but I think I would have liked it far more if I could have heard it.

SM was one of my faves. It was sold as part of the big plan to trade up to a NIB one day though. Here's hoping WOZ lives up the hype or I will have sold some stellar machines over the years to ultimately finance a turd!

IMG_1161-1.jpg

jonathan' date=' post: 1692700 said:
SM was one of my faves. It was sold as part of the big plan to trade up to a NIB one day though. Here's hoping WOZ lives up the hype or I will have sold some stellar machines over the years to ultimately finance a turd!

I bet you did OK from the sale of the TAFG?.......Must be room for predator now surely?
biggrin-1.png

My fav's from the slam were, BK2000, Pharaohs Gold (shame the flippers were weak) Big Guns, The Cisco machine and i liked AC/DC too (would like to see how much the LE adds to it!)

Rus121' date=' post: 1692705 said:
I bet you did OK from the sale of the TAFG?.......Must be room for predator now surely?
biggrin-1.png

It's getting picked up next week
sad-1.png
I'll post a pic of the games room when WOZ arrives to show why I couldn't keep both. You can barely get in there as it is

Matt Vince' date=' post: 1692706 said:
My fav's from the slam were, BK2000, Pharaohs Gold (shame the flippers were weak) Big Guns, The Cisco machine and i liked AC/DC too (would like to see how much the LE adds to it!)

I shall endevour to re-furbish the flippers in time for the UKPinball Party.

Got money and a SM for my CV.Both of us were happy with deal

Me even more so when I found a disconnected shaker motor-that worked;)

The owner did not even know about that!!

Great game apart from Stormy's 1.2billion plus game-poor Daz(he was playing him at Taffstock at the time)

TYHO' date=' post: 1692742 said:
Got money and a SM for my CV.Both of us were happy with deal

Me even more so when I found a disconnected shaker motor-that worked;)

The owner did not even know about that!!

Great game apart from Stormy's 1.2billion plus game-poor Daz(he was playing him at Taffstock at the time)

Still happy with that deal - I liked SM but love CV! Also still feel a bit simple over that shaker motor - to be fair SM was our first Stern so I didn't think too much about the odd box in the cab. Can't believe I didn't investigate it more in retrospect!

Actually ended up playing SM for the first time since ours went to Poibug at the Slam and really enjoyed it - even put up the GC score on Sat afternoon, but don't imagine that lasted long with some of the people who were in the building. After the game I almost regretted letting ours go, until I remembered what replaced it.

Back on topic though - had a great time with Scared Stiff, played BoP for the first time in a few years and really enjoyed it, liked RCT more than I probably should have, and was pleasantly surprised by the Flintstones. The IJ near the entrance was beautiful, but found the reflection of the overhead light annoying. Wasn't too keen on Road Show.

Finally, discovered why I'm not a fan of ToM. We had one in the past and let it go quicker than we do most machines because it just didn't grab us, but I could never work out why. Recently played it on the Pinball Arcade for iPad and liked it more than I remembered, so was looking forward to giving it a go when I saw it at the Slam. Turns out that I enjoyed it on the iPad because I had the sound muted, and as soon as I was playing it with the soundtrack again I couldn't stand it! Bloody annoying theme, call outs, everything. Couldn't wait for the game to be over.

Back
Top Bottom