What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Family Guy or Roadshow

leedon1973

Registered
Hi, i'm a newbie member to the the site who's been playing for nearly 40yrs - I can remember standing on a pub bar stool in order to see the gamefield at age 6, playing with my uncle! Just started going to pinball league meets with my other half's uncle and have decided I need a machine in the house if I'm gonna start developing some skills.

My favourite of recent years has been Family Guy and Roadshow is an alll time fav - if there's anyone out there possibly wanting to sell please let me know. I'm based in Leeds but will travel anywhere in the UK.

Thanks, Lee

I've only just sold a Roadshow! If it falls through for whatever reason I'll let you know but buyer has paid and just waiting for Martin to collect. Good luck with getting your pin.

Cheers
Greg

Cheers @Sgt GrizZ. :thumbs: Yea I have a Family Guy that I'm looking to move on. I bought it from another member on here about a year ago and it hasn't caused me any trouble in that time. It was at the NLP in October last year and worked flawlessly for the whole weekend. I gave it a thorough clean before the show and upgraded the GI to Comet LEDs so its nice and bright. It also had a new set of balls and fitted with new premium white rubbers.

Looking to get back out what I paid for it last year so £3k. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I'll take some photos today so you can see its current condition for yourself.

Last edited:
Hi, i'm a newbie member to the the site who's been playing for nearly 40yrs - I can remember standing on a pub bar stool in order to see the gamefield at age 6, playing with my uncle! Just started going to pinball league meets with my other half's uncle and have decided I need a machine in the house if I'm gonna start developing some skills.

My favourite of recent years has been Family Guy and Roadshow is an alll time fav - if there's anyone out there possibly wanting to sell please let me know. I'm based in Leeds but will travel anywhere in the UK.

Thanks, Lee
Welcome.

I recently bought a Roadshow off this site, but really haven't had any time to do anything with it at all and now could do with the cash for another project! Fickle? Me?

I'll send you a message when i'm back in the office, plus i'm really close to you, which helps.

I've owned both, really enjoyed both. FG is a fun stand alone pin and if you're a fan of the show then it's worth having for a while, lots to do and the Stewie mini game is a clever and fun addition. Also being a more modern stern there is less to go wrong. RS is a classic pin and under rated so can still be picked up for a good price, loads to do, 4 flippers and 2 talking heads lots of modes and a good challenging game, but more parts equals probably more maintenance so something to bear in mind as a newbie. Either will resell at what you pay for it as your offers are from 2 honest forum members so really you have nothing to lose! Buy whichever floats your boat, but the collection always expands from 1 so maybe find a way to grab them both and admit you're an addiction like the rest of us!!

Welcome.

I recently bought a Roadshow off this site, but really haven't had any time to do anything with it at all and now could do with the cash for another project! Fickle? Me?

I'll send you a message when i'm back in the office, plus i'm really close to you, which helps.

Pics please, and how much are you thinking of for it?

For me I would choose Roadshow. A real gem from Pat Lawlor when Bally/Williams were at their peak. Ridiculously cheap as well for what you get.
It was the last of my B/W games to leave and is the one I play first if they were all lined up in front of me.

Shame you weren't on here last year @leedon1973. Mine was exceptionally nice and I am also in Leeds.

For me I would choose Roadshow. A real gem from Pat Lawlor when Bally/Williams were at their peak. Ridiculously cheap as well for what you get.
It was the last of my B/W games to leave and is the one I play first if they were all lined up in front of me.

Same here, although if you're new to game ownership (and therefore game maintenance) I'd choose FG just for a softer landing! RS is a beast, as has been stated above.

I don't have any photos to hand right now but I bought this one:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/roadshow-sold.35212/

Very good nick for a 20+ yr old machine. I'll message you later when I'm on a parental teabreak :confused:

A lot easier to pick up a RS than a FG in the future as more of them knocking around in the UK. Based on that I'd get FG now and then RS at some point down the road :thumbs:

I've gone for the FG. The maintenance thing was an important factor as i'm a total novice on fixing machines and have decidedly shoddy soldering skills! Thanks for all the advice and supportive comments

My FGUY has done 11 public events and 2 on site runs and the only issue is one it came with , a dodgy trough on start up that clears after a minute. Its about to go to Courtney for some TLC and I'm still debating putting in the colour DMD as like TSSP its a very colourful game. Very popular with the general public , second only to TAF. good choice for a home machine as great fun for spectators as well as players (who may miss the call outs / animations) whilst concentrating on the ball

I've gone for the FG. The maintenance thing was an important factor as i'm a total novice on fixing machines and have decidedly shoddy soldering skills! Thanks for all the advice and supportive comments
On no accounts allow Eddie near it with a soldering iron !

Back
Top Bottom