What's new

Exponential scoring games

cooldan

i like pizza
Some games you play for 20 minutes you will probably get double the score if your game lasts 10 minutes.

Other games the longer you stay alive, the more everything is worth. I'm thinking of games like AFM where every super jackpot is worth more than the last one. Or Creech, where not only does the jackpot score climb with every switch hit, but scoring a SJ actually *doubles* the jackpot.

I think I like these games with exponential scoring. With these it means you can one day double or triple your best ever score just by making that one big money doubler or whatever.

So which others are like that? I don't just mean the unbalanced ones like BOP but games where the longer you survive the more you get per shot? Please let me know some more with specifics if you can think of any.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_21_a2abu6e9.jpg

The original Data East Star Wars ROM increased the ramp shot award point by 1 million for every ramp shot, so it would be telling you for example that your 63rd shot was worth 63 million

They massively cut that back in the new ROM so now you don't just keep hitting the ramp constantly as you now have a much better payoff going for multiball

I think they fixed it later ROMS but I'm not sure.

STTNG was basically a two shot game. Lock and jackpot as the you could ramp the jackpot levels up to insane values which made even the final frontier look like a crappy mode.

Not quite true that with STTNG - I regularly start a Final Frontier with 2 full sets of artifacts => 2 Bill, +200M per shot - hard to get a Borg that scores that much (easier if you combine it with Q, but still not easy to get 4B+ on a Borg)....if you're good enough to have Borg at that level, you can easily get 2-3 FF's in a game.

Regards,
Dan.

Back
Top Bottom