What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Exercise/Spin Bike

Marvello

Site Supporter
Alias
Marv
The Pinball community doesn't seem like the exercising type but I'll ask anyway ;). Can anyone recommend a decent Spin bike, one with a weighted flywheel that you can stand up on, think Peloton but a lot cheaper?

There seem to be a bazillion different ones on Amazon/eBay but all seem to have questionable reviews either about the bike or the company selling them.

I'd narrowed it down to the JLL IC300 Pro from Amazon but the company reviews aren't great, plus they hiked the price up since Covid.

I'm keeping my eye on eBay as these are the type of things that people buy with good intentions then never use. I'm looking at sub £400.

Thanks.

Bought a Rebox one about 3 years ago. Currently burning 1000 calls a day and it’s been pretty reliable. Think it was sub £300. Surprising how addictive it is when you get into the habit. Lost about 1.5 stone which I’m happy with.

I bought the cheapest of the cheap (Ultrasport F-Bike) on eBay at the end of last summer to use over winter. It has been fine but the highest resistance is pretty weak, still enough to get a sweat on though and get your legs moving. Now summer is at an end I'll be doing less walking, and working from home sat down all day for the foreseeable I want something a bit better. I've proved to myself I'll use it most days.

I stupidly got rid of a semi decent one when I moved house a few years ago.

I bought a Concept model 2 rowing machine a few years ago and it’s been sitting in the spare room, I did 20 odd mins on it the other day and when I got off I was walking like Elvis!!! Shocking.

I bought a Concept model 2 rowing machine a few years ago and it’s been sitting in the spare room, I did 20 odd mins on it the other day and when I got off I was walking like Elvis!!! Shocking.
LOL, just watching someone on a rowing machine gives me backache.

Bought a Salter pt-1890 recently, which was 390 euro here in Spain, has a 16kg magnetic wheel. Before we moved over here from UK in August, had a Domyos from Decathlon, & Salter is much better, nice and smooth when standing .

Well so much for my £400 price limit. I decided against one of the random brand Chinese bikes that are all over eBay and Amazon, it could have turned out OK but decided to go with an established brand from an established store.

I bought the Echelon Connect Sport from Argos, reduced in the Black Friday sale and also got a 7% discount from work. Ordered dinner time Wednesday and it turned up dinner time Thursday.

My only concern was it only has a 7KG flywheel but having had a quick go I can't see this being an issue.

I've got a 45 day free trial with the Echelon App but doubt I will subscribe to the £40/month subscription, I'd more likely go with the Peloton £12.99/month subscription, or might just not bother with any and ride it freestyle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom