What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evapo rust and bench polisher v minging rusty metals

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Well on the kind Advice of @AlanJ I invested in the aforementioned to see if it could restore a little life back into some of the nasty Dr Dude metals stripped off my pin.
It made sense to experiment with these things whilst doing a mini shop and thought I’d show the results after spending 24hrs in the rust bath and only 15mins on my new bench polisher I bought off eBay.

IMG_0470.jpeg

I also bought a set 3 of small colander size baskets with basins for a tenner off Amazon

Some before pics
IMG_0426.jpegIMG_0431.jpeg

During
IMG_0438.jpeg
IMG_0471.jpeg

And After only 15 mins or so playing with my new polisher.
Note the last pic of where I polished the right side of the thingamybob for comparison 🤩
IMG_0468.jpegIMG_0469.jpeg

All I need now is a little free time to finish the job but thought I’d show WIP

Coly

Try a drop of 3-1 oil a piece of 1200 grit wet and dry on that ball ramp. Should bring it up a treat.

@Colywobbles Hi Colin - Dont suppose you could share the link to those baskets could you please? Looks like they are perfect for separating the media/metalwork from a vibratory tumbler (well - at least on slightly larger items!) 👍

Cheers

Here ya go

SOUJOY 6 Pack Vegetable Washing Basket, 2-in-1 Drain Colander Bowl Set, Kitchen Fruit Washing Bowl and Strainer, Drain Basin and Basket for Food Vegetables Cleaning Washing https://amzn.eu/d/4HImyb0

@Colywobbles Hi Colin - Dont suppose you could share the link to those baskets could you please? Looks like they are perfect for separating the media/metalwork from a vibratory tumbler (well - at least on slightly larger items!) 👍

Cheers
I just use a cheap colander from the discount shop

Citric acid works a treat also. About 7 quid from a,azon for 2kg bag. Mix with hot water.

I just use a cheap colander from the discount shop

At £12 for 3 inc next day delivery I thought these were a steal.
Problem I found was finding square ones like these. I did try B&M and they were all round and £7 each 😦

Back
Top Bottom