What's new

EPROM help for a newb

Jonwolf

Registered
Firstly, thanks again to all those guys who helped with my F105 blowing/shorted solenoid issue.
Here I am again asking for advice !
My TZ has eprom Rev L-4. I've been online and this looks like a fairly old version? I'm thinking of upgrading but the advantages look minimal - you can hold the game and cheat on lost in the zone (where's the fun in that?)
I read somewhere that upgrading EPROM can stop LED ghosting - is this true?
Lots of stuff on the internet but I'd appreciate the opinions of you guys
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @Jonwolf

TZ is now as high as 9.4H (doesnt accept coins) or 9.4CH (accepts coins).The reason for the two different releases of the same rom is that the H version was done by the original coder, however they wanted it only for home use (i.e. not for use by operators - understandable with things like cheats included!) - however someone hacked it to use coins with it as per usual roms.
They can be patched for Less LED flicker - however this only applies to computer controlled inserts, and not GI.

Cheers
Paul

Patching..... Sounds WAY out of my knowledge !
I'm interested in the patch though - would eliminate the pesky LED ghosting.

As far as your entire machine - no. Just some of it :)

Only do-able on Bally Williams machines - the patch changes some of the parameters in the code - thats all.

It's basically a replacement Rom - Take the Game Rom out - Put the new patched one in :)

Is there anywhere that I can buy a new eprom with the LED patch? Phil from Pinball heaven does one but I'm guessing it's not the patched one

I can do you one Jon :) Drop me a PM/Conversation, and i'll see what i can do for ya :)

Back
Top Bottom