What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EPROM help for a newb

Jonwolf

Registered
Firstly, thanks again to all those guys who helped with my F105 blowing/shorted solenoid issue.
Here I am again asking for advice !
My TZ has eprom Rev L-4. I've been online and this looks like a fairly old version? I'm thinking of upgrading but the advantages look minimal - you can hold the game and cheat on lost in the zone (where's the fun in that?)
I read somewhere that upgrading EPROM can stop LED ghosting - is this true?
Lots of stuff on the internet but I'd appreciate the opinions of you guys
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @Jonwolf

TZ is now as high as 9.4H (doesnt accept coins) or 9.4CH (accepts coins).The reason for the two different releases of the same rom is that the H version was done by the original coder, however they wanted it only for home use (i.e. not for use by operators - understandable with things like cheats included!) - however someone hacked it to use coins with it as per usual roms.
They can be patched for Less LED flicker - however this only applies to computer controlled inserts, and not GI.

Cheers
Paul

Patching..... Sounds WAY out of my knowledge !
I'm interested in the patch though - would eliminate the pesky LED ghosting.

As far as your entire machine - no. Just some of it :)

Only do-able on Bally Williams machines - the patch changes some of the parameters in the code - thats all.

It's basically a replacement Rom - Take the Game Rom out - Put the new patched one in :)

Is there anywhere that I can buy a new eprom with the LED patch? Phil from Pinball heaven does one but I'm guessing it's not the patched one

I can do you one Jon :) Drop me a PM/Conversation, and i'll see what i can do for ya :)

Back
Top Bottom